Poor Neck Definition - I'm a slim 41 yr old male but have a poorly defined neck area with a weak angle. (photo)

The problem is not necessarily one of excess fat but rather the positioning of the muscle underneath the tongue. Could this be improved to create a sharper, more defined jawline?

Double Chin Treatment / Laxity-- SmartLipo/VASER/ThermiRF, Botox, Venus Legacy, Kybella, CoolMini

I do a lot of male jawline contouring with fillers/fat, and VASER liposuction/thermiRF. I suggest you see a cosmetic dermatologist who treats a lot of men and does a lot of facial sculpting with fillers. Best, Dr. Emer.

Wanting a more Defined Jawline

Dear romeo24, An in office consultation would best determine a course of action to improve your jawline. There are many options available with common procedures to help provide a more masculine and defined jawline. See the video above and link below for examples. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Michael Elam, MD

UAL cervical facial

Please seek an in person consultation, you may be a candidate for simple liposuction of the area. Liposuction of the cervical facial area is usually done in one hour under local IV sedation. In my practice in the San Francisco Bay Area I have come to the conclusion that the happiest patients are those that have realistic expectation on what a procedure will and won’t do for them. Good luck! 

Dean Vistnes,M.D.
Vistnes Plastic Surgery

#realself #drdeanvistnes #liposuction #cervicalfacial

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for your question. You are a phenomenal candidate for the Laser Assisted Weekend Necklift, which is a 1.5 hour procedure with a short recovery time and great results. The Laser Assisted Weekend Necklift combines liposculpture, neck lifting, and laser resurfacing. Incisions are hidden under the chin and behind each year and then liposuction is performed to remove excess fat and then surgical lifting gently tightens the underlying muscle tissues of the neck. The last step is the laser rejuvenation technology, which is one of the most cutting edge procedures available. Please consult with your board certified facial plastic surgeon.

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Poor neck angles

can be improved but you should make sure your surgeon (and I don't mean dermatologic surgeon) is equipped to offer you the whole gamut of options that would address your problem  An exam is needed to determine what your anatomy is like and to hear your expectations as a very sharp angle is probably impossible.  Its very unlikely that all the non-invasive ways will give you what most people would want so if someone promises you that their non-invasive technique is going to do the trick, get it in writing and know what happens if it doesn't... so you're not holding an empty bag at the end of the day.

Curtis Wong, MD

Neck lift with platysma plasty

At 41 years of age, the skin tone is most likely acceptable in the neck at that age.  An in-person examination and consultation  will determine what is causing the poor jaw/neck angle which can include loose skin, fatty deposits above and below the platysma muscle, and a short platysmal muscle itself.  In our practice, a neck lift procedure involves removal of the fatty deposits above and below the platysma muscle and the platysma plasty. No skin removal is required, unless patients have very poor skin tone or are over age 50. For many examples, please see the link and the video below

Surgical solution

It is highly unlikely that non surgical solutions will 
help you. A surgical solution will give the best chance of successful improvement.

Brian K. Machida, MD, FACS
Ontario Facial Plastic Surgeon

Neck Rejuvenation Options

There are a number of options for you, as a young male seeking improvement in the jawline and neck contour.  These range from non-surgical options like CoolMini and Kybella to help reduce the submental fat, ThermiTight to reduce the fat and tighten the skin and soft tissues and finally, an anterior platysmaplasty or neck surgery with liposuction to help you achieve a better neck contour.  There are a lot of different procedures out there for you, so I suggest a consultation with a board certified facial plastic surgeon, in order for him/her to evaluate the problem and recommend a treatment option.

Jason D. Bloom, MD
Philadelphia Facial Plastic Surgeon