Pocket problem or capsular contracture? (Photo)

Im 4 months post op 435 cc under muscle. I have now noticed that when i lean over myleft breast is filled with the implant but my left seems empty and thin looking and i can feel the implant stays up high! Could this mean the implant is still yet to drop at 4 months post or is there a problem with the pocket that will need surgery or could it be capsular contracture? Also will i have to pay to have this corrected? Thanks

See your surgeon

It's difficult to determine from the photo. You appear to have some ptosis, and possibly might need a lift. It's possible for the implant to sit high in a total submuscular augmentation with pre-existing ptosis. You should see your surgeon, as physical exam would be the best to determine a course of action.

Santa Barbara Plastic Surgeon

Possible capsular contracture after 4 months

Thank you for your question about your breast implants.

• If the breast has always looked like this it may be a pocket problem.
  • But your photo suggests both breasts have moved into position.
  • So a capsular contracture seems more likely.
  • Regardless, you should see your plastic surgeon for evaluation and discussion of your options.
  • If you need surgery - and you may not - there would be professional fees.

Always consult a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Hope you find this information helpful. Best wishes.