Could a nose job get my nose like this? Ethnic Rhinoplasty question! (photos)

I think my nose is too big for my face, though my nose bridge seems okay, my nostrils are just super wide and the tip is pretty bulbous. I really like the noses in the pictures that I've included (I call them 'm' shaped noses) and I was wondering if it would be relatively easy to get a nose exactly like the ones pictured. Thank you :)!

Asian Rhinoplasty

Given the thickness of your skin, you need support and structure in order to create refinement and definition that will be visible through your skin. Rhinoplasty can certainly make your nose more attractive and harmonious, while looking natural.

It's important to seek out a surgeon experienced with Asian rhinoplasty, and with an eye for Asian beauty.

Rhinoplasty, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.

The harmony between facial parts makes us instinctively recognize the beauty... without knowing it, without defining it, just a perception that surprises and captivates us.

In this regard, I suggest perform a Closed Rhinoplasty (without visible scars) to treat the tip, base and nasal bridge.
With this procedure you get a delicate nose, better harmonize with your other facial features.

Respectfully,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Potential Asian Rhinoplasty

From the pictures and from the description you have provided, it seems as if an Asian rhinoplasty would be a good consideration. Some doctors have more experience in performing this type of ethnic rhinoplasty, and understand how to reshape the nose to fit the patient’s concerns while still keeping his or her sense of identity. I suggest you try to find a board certified surgeon in your area who specializes in either the ethnic or Asian rhinoplasty. Schedule a consultation appointment to meet in person and to discuss your candidacy for your nose job, and be sure to ask to see before and after pictures of past work to get a better understanding of what your nose will likely look like post-nose job.

Sam Rizk, MD

Ethnic rhinoplasty can be successful.

Dear Ukiah friend:

If the base of your nose is wide, you will probably have to have nostril narrowing. Using that technique, the walls of your nostrils will be a lot closer to the midline. You look like a good candidate for that because the walls themselves are thin, but the sill or base of the nostril is wide. Look into that possibility when you go for consultation. Your tip is not as wide as others, so that is good news. It looks like your skin is fairly thin and that is even more good news.

Now you need to do your homework. Do consultations with surgeons who are super specialists in cosmetic nasal surgery and also in ethnic rhinoplasty. Look at the practices’ websites. Look at the before and after photos. There should be plenty of them, including patients who have had procedures similar to yours. Read reviews. Read testimonials. Read what patients have to say about the experience. Be sure to ask to have computer imaging when you go so that you have a very clear idea of what the doctor feels would be appropriate for you and whether you would be satisfied with that result.

Remember, generally the operations are done through internal incisions, but if you are going to narrow the nostrils and therefore reduce the width of the base of the nose, there will be some external incisions that have to be made so be sure to look for photographs and the patient’s journeys or progression through the healing process. An extensive website will have that type of information for you.

Robert Kotler, MD, FACS
Over 4,500 nasal procedures performed

Robert Kotler, MD

Ethnic Rhinoplasty

It is a common request to narrow the nostrils and refine the nasal tip.  Please consult with a board certified specialist who can assist you with achieving the results you seek. 3-dimensional computer imaging can help you visualize what you may look like afterwards and serve as an important communication tool with your surgeon.

Kimberly Lee, MD

Goals of Ethnic Rhinoplasty

I agree with your evaluation of your nose. You want to narrow your bridge, the nasal tip, and the base of your nose so you achieve a natural balanced result. I would never say this is relatively easy; rhinoplasty surgery is one of the most challenging procedures we do. Work with a specialist.

Ethnic rhinoplasty for a more attractive nose.

Ethnic rhinoplasty for a more attractive nose. Yes narrowing of the bridge and the nostrils can be done as well as refinement of your tip. See a very experienced rhinoplasty surgeon who can give you a much more attractive nose, but not exactly like the one you showed.

Ethnic rhinoplasty to narrow a wide nose

To narrow a wide nose requires several maneuvers performed during the rhinoplasty procedure. To narrow wide nostrils requires an alar-plasty which involves removal of a small wedge of skin at the base of the nostrils to narrow them. Osteotomies placed in the nasal bones  accomplishes narrowing of them, in addition to more sidewall definition. Cartilage grafts could also be added to the tip and bridge as well when needed. For many examples, please see link and the video below