Is it normal to have brown scabs on arms after TCA acid has been applied to the skin by a dermatologist?

I have recently seen a dermatologist who checked some lesions on my arm that he used liquid nitrogen on several months ago and haven't completely disappeared. He used tca acid on them and after 7 days I have brown scabs will they peel off to leave clear skin?

TCA peels

Thank you for your question beauman8. TCA is a peeling agent that is used to address a number of concerns. When applied to the skin dark spots may appear darker before they get lighter. Sometimes they peel off and sometimes they are absorbed by the skin. It could take up to 2 weeks for full healing of the skin after peels from the neck down. Please follow up with your doctor for specific recommendations. Good luck!

Encino Physician

TCA Skin Peel

It takes a few weeks for TCA to heal on arms. I suggest seeing an expert for skin care at this time with silicone based scar gels / growth factors.  Best, Dr. Emer.

TCA spot peeling of the arms - when will they heal?

Thank you for asking about your TCA peel.
  • The brown scabs will separate from your skin and the remaining skin should be healthy.
  • Follow your doctor's instructions for care, call her/him if you are concerned and do not pick off the scabs or they will leave redness and may leave scars.
Always consult a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.  Best wishes. Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS