New belly button is extremely high and wasn't naturally before. I don't understand why. What can be done to lower it? (Photos)

I have just had a full tummy tuck and ended up having to have a vertical scar from my belly button down.

What can be done to lower your bellybutton after a Tummy Tuck

Thank you for for your question.  

If you don't like the appearance of your bellybutton after your tummy tuck, there are multiple things that can be done. A scar revision is possible. An umbilicoplasty where we reorganize the skin around the bellybutton may help as well. If you have enough looseness in your lower abdomen, the flap may be lowered once again and a brand-new bellybutton can be constructed.

Umbilicus too high

There are multiple reasons why this could happen

and you are still early in your recovery. I suggest to

discuss your concerns with your board certified plastic

surgeon and see what he recommends. An option can

be excising the umbilicus and incorporate the incision with

the vertical scar follow by creating a new "belly button" at 

the desire location. Best wishes.

Fernando Colon, MD
Columbus Plastic Surgeon