Mini facelift.

Im thinking of having a mini face-lift done in Poland (Wroclaw or Prague)... the prices in the UK were just too high. Ive never had anything done like this before and, to be honest, it scares me witless. Is there any advice anyone can give me, recommendations of clinics, or what I should be looking out for? Thanking you in advance. Regards.

About Facial Rejuvenation with Lite-lift™

A person’s age is best guessed by the appearance of their face. If you feel that your face does not reflect how young you feel inside, you may be a candidate for a facelift. During your #consultation, your skin texture and elasticity, as well as your underlying skin structure and your facial bone structure will be evaluated. Based on this evaluation, your board certified plastic surgeons will create a custom surgical plan, detailing specific techniques and recommendations to meet your goals. In doing so, he or she should be sure to have a full understanding of what results you expect. If you are not a #candidate, your surgeon can make other suggestions to address your concerns and objectives.

However, if you learn that you are a candidate, this may be helpful. Patients who desire facial rejuvenation that is affordable, quick, and effective should consider the Lite-lift™. Like the Life-Style™ facelift, this is a modified facelift that can be performed in the office with a local anesthetic and improve signs of aging around the neck, jawbone and lower face. These procedures are not "Thread-lifts" or "String-lifts". We do not use the "barbed" sutures employed in these other lifting operations. The Lite-lift™ uses longer lasting techniques that are discussed below. Because the incisions are limited, there is less bruising, swelling and healing time for most patients. Many patients can be back to work in one to two weeks looking rested and more youthful.

Lite Lift™ surgery is individualized for each patient. The best candidates for #LiteLift are non-smoking patients 35-60 years old with early changes of the lower face and the neck. Candidates should also have a face and neck line beginning to sag, but skin with elasticity and well-defined bone structure. Older patients who cannot or do not wish to have a longer operation or general anesthetic can be improved with a Lite Lift™. 

Mini Facelift

Thank you for your question. Please make sure you find a reputable and qualified plastic surgeon who can assess you properly to give you a realistic idea of what outcome you can achieve.  Please ask to see pictures of his past patients, a similar age to you, having a similar procedure.  This will give you a good indication of his work and the results he has achieved.  Also, site such as the one we are on, reading reviews from past patients, receiving realistic and genuine feedback.  Please do not decide on a surgeon due to price alone, this is not the most important factor, please take into consideration the following.

If your skin is loose, sagging or creating the appearance of jowls you may be a good candidate for a local anaesthetic Concept™ Facelift Surgery. This type of Rhytidectomy is unique as the facelift is performed under local anaesthetic, and is less invasive than traditional methods, meaning the cosmetic surgery has a significantly faster recovery time.

What are the benefits of the local anaesthetic Concept Facelift 

• Minimally invasive as it is a short scar facelift
  • There is minimal bruising and swelling, especially when compared to traditional facelifts
  • As the procedure is performed under local anaesthetic, you can go straight home following the procedure
  • Full recovery in a matter of days rather than months
  • Significantly less risk than Facelifts performed under general anaesthetic
  • Fresh, youthful and long lasting results

All the best with the procedure!

Mini facelift

I cannot tell you which clinics in Poland to go to for Cosmetic Surgery, but in the US I would recommend that you ask for a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon to do your work.  Also, ask to see his/her previous work.  Not all mini facelifts are the same so you may want to find out how invasive is the procedure, how much is done and how long does he expect the results to last.  Good luck!

Im thinking of having a mini face-lift done in Poland (Wroclaw or Prague)... the prices in the UK were just too high.

Hi, in my humble opinion price should not be the factor that determines where and by whom you have a facelift.  It's your face and the price to redo or correct something that goes amiss is far more expensive "emotionally" and "financially" than paying to have it done correctly from the start. 

Non smiling photos of your face from the front and side would help in the evaluation.  I have performed facelifts for over 30 years and have performed many minimally, invasive type facelifts.  Following the beauty principles outlined in my book on face and body beauty, women look the most feminine, youthful and attractive with heart shaped faces.  Heart shaped faces have cheeks that are full and round in the front.  Cheek augmentation with a dermal filler or using cheek implants for a permanent enhancement will create full, round cheeks that will feminize the entire face.

If the chin is weak, this creates an imbalance making the nose appear larger, the mid face top heavy and the lower face look short that de-emphasizes the lips and allows early formation of a double chin.  Chin augmentation using a chin implant will add projection to the chin creating harmony and balance to the lower face.   I have found that placement of a silastic chin implant, through a small curved incision under the chin (also allows excess skin removal) to be very safe, quick and highly effective.

If you have "jowls” these are sagging facial tissues and an indication for some form of a SMAS facelift.  The underlying SMAS layer, of the face, must be dissected, lifted, trimmed and re-sutured (not merely folded or suspended with threads or sutures that will not last).  The excess skin is then removed and the facelift incisions closed.

My most popular facelift is the minimally invasive, short incision facelift that has all the benefits of more invasive facelifts (traditional, mid-face, deep plane, cheek lift and subperiosteal facelifts) but with these added benefits:

• very small incisions
  • minimal tissue dissection = less bruising and swelling = rapid recovery ( several days instead of weeks or months with the more invasive type facelifts mentioned)
  • can be performed in 90 minutes or less, with or without general anesthesia
  • no incisions within the hair = no hair loss
  • excess fat can be removed
  • excess skin removed
  • cheeks, chin and jaw line can be augmented with dermal fillers (I prefer Restylane Lyft) or facial implants
  • most patients fly back home to parts all over the world in as little as 3 days post-op

I combine facial shaping with every facelift procedure.  When jowls are present, these should be done in concert and not alone or separately in order to create a naturally, more attractive face.

Hope this helps.