Medial or vertical thigh lift?

I had a medial thigh lift in 1986 and the skin on my inner thighs has become very lax again . Having seen three surgeons they all say I have to have a vertical thigh lift even though I would prefer not to have scars running down to my knees. One of them said if I had the medial procedure the scar would gradually (quite soon) drop down my inner thigh. Can anyone shed a bit more light on this? I am a fit woman over 50 years old.

Medial or vertical thigh lift?

Thank you for your question.  It's difficult for me to offer an opinion without a picture.  Having said that, if 3 out of 3 surgeons you saw recommended the full length scar for your thigh lift, it might be worth some consideration.  In general, I inform my patients that if they have excess thigh skin near their knees, they would require the full length scar going down their inner thigh.  Unfortunately, the price for an improved contour is a scar.  Although some find this unacceptable, other are willing to make this trade-off.  The limited scar thigh lift is best directed for excess skin and laxity of the proximal thigh.  Best of luck to you!