lopsided results after 7 weeks. What can I do?

I am a very slim femail and train most days but had stubborn fat on thighs and hips that wouldn't budge! I had my hips done 7 weeks ago and an very lopsided!EEEEK. I thought at the time that the attachment had been placed diiferently each side - one much higher than the other. Help please as I do not want to pay again. Thanks

Coolsculpting

Coolsculpting is an excellent form of non-invasive  fat reduction for the right patient. Some applicators take 1 or 2 hours but the new advantage applicators take only 35 minutes and have significantly less risk for delayed onset pain (especially in the abdomen). Results are seen at 2 months and typically 1-3 treatments will be necessary on each area to achieve ideal results. The number of treatments depends on the amount of fat there and the patient's goals.  There is not downtime and the results can be impressive in the right patient.  We also use the Zimmer Z-wave for improved patient comfort and added results. The best candidates are those who are in pretty good shape with areas of stubborn fat that won't go away no matter what.

I would go back to the doctor that performed the treatment and go  over your before and after pictures. I recommend waiting three months for the full result of the cool sculpting to show itself.

My best,

Sheila Nazarian, MD, MMM

Beverly Hills, Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

Uneven results

I would discuss with the physician's office that treated you. Perhaps after reviewing your before and after photos they would work with you to correct the problem assuming they took good before and then after photos. Give it a full 90 days as well. Best of Luck!

Timothy Treece, MD, FACS
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Uneven results

in my practice we take before photos and also photos the day of treatment where the applicator is placed for this exact issue (use markers around the template and photo it) . The cool smooth pro doesn't suction as you know and therefor the RN really needs to assure it is in the right location and within the foam borders for best outcome. If you are unequal the practice should work with you and your concerns in my opinion. Best of Luck. 

Robert Heck, MD, FACS
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Lopsided Results from Coolsculpting

If the applicator was placed incorrectly it is possible for the results to be lopsided.  I would recommend that you wait the four months from your procedure to judge the full results.  If there is still asymmetry I would return to your treating physician for examination.  Best, Dr. Green

Uneven results after Coolsculpting

You should discuss this with your provider and go over pictures. Sometimes further treatment is able to improve this problem. Sometimes a different handpiece is needed as well. Don't give up hope.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

CoolSculpting Results Lopsided!

Hello reblyoung,Thank you for your question. CoolSculpting is a very effective non-invasive means to remove fat permanently. As such placement of the treating device is important and will ultimately affect the final outcome. Furthermore because only a limited amount of fat can be treated per cycle frequently more than one cycle in a particular area is necessary to achieve ones desired outcome. Additionally many people are not symmetric with their fat deposits either and can be more evident after these procedures. A thorough review of your "pre" and "post" photos with your treating professional will help you ascertain the particulars of your situation and potential remedies. Dr. Emers suggestion of VASER 4D is a good one. Best wishes.

Paul Pietro, MD
Greenville Physician

Coolsculpting

Hello and thank you for your question. The position of the applicators can lead to uneven results. Often this can be resolved with better placement of the applicator or at worst case liposuction.Best Wishes Theodore T. Nyame MD  Harvard Trained Plastic Surgeon

Theodore Nyame, MD
Charlotte Physician

Lopsided results with CoolSculting: CoolSculpting vs SculpSure and VASER HI DEF 4D BODYCONTOURING

Coolsculpting needs multiple treatments and may still have uneven results. If you want full contouring and evenness, I would consider a hi definition procedure with VASER 4D contouring.  Please see a professional for a consultation. Best, Dr. Emer.

Lopsided results from asymmetric placement of applicators

Asymmetric results from coolsculpting is usually related to applicators being placed differently or pre-existing asymmetry being exacerbated.   Return to the doctor who performed the procedure and discuss your results.  If you are unsatisfied with their answer, make sure to get a copy of your before pictures.

Kyle Coleman, MD
New Orleans Dermatologic Surgeon

CoolSculpting

I am sorry you feel as though you're experiencing uneven results! I would highly suggest contacting the physician who treated you with CoolSculpting, to see if this is truly something that can be remedied versus otherwise. Best, -Justin Harper, MD.

Justin Harper, MD
Columbus Physician