Lipofill under eyes looking a lot worse than before surgery (at 5 weeks)

Hi, I am worried that my under eyes where i had fat transfer 5 weeks ago will look like this permanently (see picture) The picture is as clear as i could get. You can see at the base of my under eye on both side it looks darker and more raised and apart from that, my under eyes look exactly the same as they did before treatment. Is it going to stay like this? Thank you very much for your advice. Ben

Fat transfer

Even though five weeks can feel like a long time, the body needs time to heal and reshape itself. For fat transfer, it usually takes 3-4 months before swelling goes away. Most patients also eventually reabsorb half of the transferred fat, so you will need to be patient.  

Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

Fat Transfer, Final Results? TEMPLES / FACE

It appears you have swelling and if this is still there after 12 weeks i would consider treatment to improve this.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Dear BenjiIt takes 3-4 months to see the final and settled result.... be patient. Fat grafting to the lower eyelids, teartrough is challenging and as it is not forgiving has a higher risk of prolonged healing and bumpiness. Fillers are an excellent option for use in this area for both correcting the original deformity of helping temporary camouflage with fat grafting if needed.

Afshin Parhiscar, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Fat transfer results at two weeks.

Eyelid skin and soft tissues is very fine and swells easily with any procedure that is done to or around the area. At 5 weeks there is still a very small residual of the swelling so there will be a subtle change in appearance over the next couple of months with the final settling in. I tell my patients the absolute final results will be at 3 to 4 months.

Curtis Perry, MD
Downey Facial Plastic Surgeon