Is it clever to do HT while going through the receding process for the worst parts off your hair?

Hair loss at a young age

Without a little more history it is difficult to give you an answer regarding timing of when to have a hair transplant.   You should see a hair transplant specialist who will evaluate your situation knowing your current age, what the male members of your family looked like at your age, then examining your hair via microscopic exam plus check the quality, density and pattern of hair loss.  Your doctor will come up with a master plan for the future taking into consideration what you would like to achieve

Beverly Hills Hair Restoration Surgeon

The decision to have surgery is between you and your doctor after an examination and consultation.

The decision to have surgery is between you and your doctor after an examination and consultation.  You need to have a Mater Plan with clear goals based on your hair loss progression.

Jae Pak, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Early hair transplants

if you are young and trying to restore a full, low, juvenile hairline, this is not a good idea. If you are over 40 and having a styling problem with a mature hairline, my answer would be more positive. 

Sheldon S. Kabaker, MD FACS
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

Timing of a hair transplant

Men will find that all genetic hair loss is progressive, usually the most progressive in their 20s, less fast in their 30s, and so on. As a rule, while the balding pattern is declaring itself, in men under 25, I don't like to to hair transplants because I can not always build a Master Plan for their future hair loss prediction. So, if you wish to learn more, send me photos of your self and let's talk. 

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon