Right implant sitting incorrectly following breast lift and implants (Photo)

I had a breast lift and implants three weeks ago, the right breast implant was sitting very high straight after surgery, my PS said it was bruising, however the bruising and swelling had now gone down and it is still lopsided with the implant pushing to the middle leaving a dip under the arm pit and it looks like the breast tissue is sagging underneath. PS says this should settle but I struggle to see how.

Must allow healing

at this juncture as there is nothing any surgeon would change or intervene at this point with what you have.  Yes, you do have asymmetry and its hoped it will improve with time.  Your must keep your faith in your surgeon as he/she is best equipped to know what, if anything is happening.

Breast lift results

Thanks for posting your questions and photographs.  Your implants seem to be sitting fairly evenly but at this stage asymmetry of the breasts themselves is noticeable. Your plastic surgeon is in the best position to advise you.  Its worth noting though that you are still in the very early stages of your post operative recovery and its normal to have lumps, bumps, swelling and differences in size and shape between your breast.  It typically takes many months for your implants to settle. Be patient and keep your surgeon updated with your progress.

Post op result

It is still too early to judge your post operative result at three weeks- your implants will drop significantly over the next three months. However, the right breast appears to be a different shape than the left breast at this point. This will likely improve with time, but may not resolve completely. At this point I would wait and see how things look in a few months before considering a revision. You should continue to voice your concerns with your surgeon and discuss the finances of a revision. You may also decide to seek a second opinion- see someone who specializes in revision breast surgery and is a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery. It's very hard to wait and allow the tissues to settle when you are worried about the result, but it is much better to allow the soft tissue envelope and implant position to stabilize before considering additional surgery. Best wishes, Dr. Meghan Nadeau, Seattle WA

Meghan Nadeau, MD

Asymmetric Breasts

You are right, this is not bruising. One of your breasts are very different in shape than the other. Although you will 'drop and fluff' over the next 3 to 4 months, and this might improve things a little, I don't think you will have a symmetrical result. Please check that your surgeon is ABPS certified and an ASAPS member that specializes in all forms of cosmetic breast surgery. If not, go visit a few for second opinions. Best of luck!

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS