I had upper jaw surgery many years ago. Unfortunately the slight gap in front teeth does not align with septum.

Think Tom Cruise smile. I now have veneers and it has improved a little. But could the alignment be totally corrected by veneers or crowns? Pat

Correcting shifted midline with veneers #DrSoftTouch

Thanks for your question. Without photos, it's pretty hard to determine if you're a candidate for veneers to correct your shifted midline. Generally speaking, it is possible to correct a midline shift by using porcelain veneers if the midline shift is small. A greater midline shift is more difficult to treat but can be improved with veneers. I would recommend consulting with an experienced cosmetic dentist to determine your options. I hope this helps. Follow me if you have more questions.

Upper teeth aligned

Yes there are several techniques to improve aesthetics and can be done with a good smile analisis , crowns or veneers can be adapted to make your smile even , could be uppers only ,but yes you can have a soltion , x rays and pictures will help .

My Midline Is Off

This is all depends on how far off the midline is.  It is impossible to guide you without photos of your smile.  If it is off to the extent that you are describing (Tom Cruise), then you would need orthodontics to correct completely.  Good luck. 

Teeth

Let's assume your teeth are as straight and aligned as possible.  Your misalignment of upper jaw and lower jaw is because your temporomandibular joints are not stable, and they are unequal in size and/or position; it's your lower jaw that's off, not your teeth.  This is probably why you had jaw surgery but you really needed joint surgery.  Nobody paid attention to that, though.
  Veneers on the front top and bottom 10 teeth may be able to compensate by manipulating the midline to match each other.  I'd be very worried about jaw function and bite though.

Neville Richter, DDS
Bellevue Dentist