I don't like my nose, what needs to change? (Photo)

Its large in comparison to my small face, its quite long but the main thing which I dislike is the bumps at the side. When I run my finger down the centre of my nose it goes up slightly at the bridge but then feels fairly straight up until the tip. But down the sides, there are clearly bumps flaring out of my bridge. I want to look feminine as I feel my nose is quite manly. I don't want to look alot different, I want to look like the better version of myself without a flawed nose.

Closed rhinoplasty

You are an ideal candidate for nasal surgery and you should get a terrific improvement. Consult with a doctor who is well experienced in nasal surgeries and can provide you with photo morphing to give you a preview of what your nose could look like. Nasal surgery today is relatively simple and painless, no visible incisions or scars, no packing, and a quick recovery. You would achieve wonderful results. 

Good luck 

Newport Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Don't Like My Nose

Everything you describe that you don't like can be improved by rhinoplasty surgery. Consult with an experienced rhinoplasty specialist so you can achieve a natural feminine result.

Rhinoplasty for dorsal hump removal

A full set of photographs are required before making a determination about what can and cannot be accomplished. The dorsal hump is composed of both bone and cartilage must be shaved down in order to remove it. Osteotomies of the nasal bones are also required. Spreader grafts are sometimes required when the mid-portion of the nose is very narrow relative to the wide dorsal hump. For many examples, please see link and the video below

Rhinoplasty to help feminize your features

Dear 1290, You would be an excellent candidate for rhinoplasty surgery to help refine your nose and bring better balance to your facial aesthetics. During consultation you can have digital imaging performed which will show you how the proposed changes will look with your facial features, also you can review many books of before and after photographs of noses similar to yours, and then you will be ready to make a very informed decision regarding rhinoplasty surgery. I have included a video above and a link below of similar noses to yours as well so you can see how rewarding rhinoplasty surgery is for both patient and surgeon alike. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Michael Elam, MD

Rhinoplasty for a more feminine and attractive nose.

Rhinoplasty for a more feminine and attractive nose. A rhinoplasty done by an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon who does natural looking noses will give you what you are looking for.

Rhinoplasty considerations for a female nose

You obviously need to be examined by an experienced plastic surgeon in your region - but based on the photos you've provided, an open rhinoplasty with a dorsal hump reduction and tip-plasty would be a reasonable approach. 

I don't like my nose, what needs to change?

The areas that you described and would like improved can be addressed with a subtle natural appearing rhinoplasty performed by an expert artistic plastic surgeon with extensive rhinoplasty experience.

Keep in mind that following advice from a surgeon on this or any other website who proposes to tell you exactly what to do based on two dimensional photos without examining you, physically feeling your tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history and discussing the pros and cons of the operative procedure would not be in your best interest. Natural appearing results need to be individualized and what is appropriate for one patient is not necessarily the best for someone else. I would suggest that you find a surgeon with extensive rhinoplasty experience certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and one who is ideally a member of The American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) or a facial plastic surgeon(otolaryngologist) that you trust and are comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person.

Robert Singer, M.D., FACS

La Jolla, California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.

The harmony between facial parts makes us instinctively recognize the beauty... without knowing it, without defining it, just a perception that surprises and captivates us.

In this regard, I suggest perform a Closed Rhinoplasty (without visible scars) to treat the tip, base and nasal bridge.
With this procedure you get a delicate nose, better harmonize with your other facial features.

Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

It's best to have the full face with your photos. This allows us to more clearly evaluate your nose and to determine most accurately what can and should be changed to meet your goals. You have the makings of a very elegant nose. In the right hands and with a clear communication with your Surgeon who is passionate about Rhinoplasty- you should get a great result. 

Dorsal hump reduction can yield gratifying results

Thank you for your photos and question.  Rhinoplasty is a complex gathering of technical steps performed on the nasal skeleton to achieve a desired external appearance.  Your "optimal" rhinoplasty can only be delineated after a thorough consultation and discussion of your desired endpoints with an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon.  However, much can be gleaned from your photos and narrative.  The masculine bump on your nasal bridge is composed of a cartilagenous thickening that nature often uses to reinforce the juncture to the bones at the nasal bridge.  This region is coined the "keystone" region of the nose.  Rhinoplasty surgery is particularly effective at reducing the keystone area, straightening the nasal bridge, and recreating aesthetic lines of the middle vault.  The technical steps involved in reduction of the specific undesirable keystone components should be a major aspect of your "optimal" rhinoplasty.  I wish you success in your endeavors to achieve a feminine nose that is in balance with your face! 

Chen Lee, MD
Montreal Plastic Surgeon