I don't know what's causing my swollen upper eyelid? (photos)

My upper eyelid on my left eye has been swollen for about 4 days and it hasn't went down at all from what I've noticed. My eye doesn't have any redness in the eyeball or around it and there's no flakey bits of any sort, it's just really uncomfortable and I also find it uncomfortable to look at. If I look up or straight ahead my eye feels really heavy all over and there's a second crease that's appeared instead of just one...I have no idea what's caused this or how to get it to go away

I don't know what's causing my swollen upper eyelid?

If the swelling does not resolve in one - two weeks see an ophthalmologist so that he or she can evaluate your upper eyelid.

Unfortunately this forum is best for discussing more general aspects of cosmetic concerns.

It is not a substitute for getting care for acute issues.  I strongly recommend that you see your general ophthalmologist to determine if there is some immediate issue that needs care.

Concerns about your lid

require that you see a local eye doctor for an evaluation and review of your history.  Swelling is nothing urgent and it could simply resolve on its own.  But if you're concerned, you should invest in seeing a doctor about it.  

Curtis Wong, MD