Lower face-lift, blepharoplasty and fat grafts. The scars are very obvious and lumpy (Photo)

I am now nearly 4 weeks post op....and lips are still very swollen after 4cc fat in top lip and 2cc in lower lip.I was under the impression the surgeon was putting fat in ABOVE my top lip for nasolabial lines and wrinkling to top lip......since found out he actually injected my lips! My eyes have shrunk in appearance, (upper and lower lids done), the scars are very obvious and lumpy and directly under my lower lids is still very swollen.....oh and to top it all I got a haematoma in my neck !!

Post Face/Neck Lifting Irregularities, Swelling -- Try Massage, Exilis Ultra or Venus Legacy, LED Light Stim Therapy with GF.

Swelling can last for months and I suggest you speak to your physician about getting postoperative healing treatments like hyperbaric oxygen, massage, exilis/legacy and LED treatments.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Swelling

Sorry for your concerns but express them to your surgeon and if the hematoma in the neck has not been drained, ask why not

Dr Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD

Too early to judge results

It's way too early to judge your final results.

Nobody looks quite normal after that my surgery.

Give it at least six weeks to two months.

At least half if not more of the transferred fat will go away with time.

The look of your eyes and I lives will change drastically.

Perhaps more symbolic but I have in the past asked patience to simply tape newspaper over there mirrors and not look at themselves for at least three weeks. People scare them selves friends and family and are in unnecessary state of anxiety during the healing process.

Lots of reassurance and should be given to patients before the procedure and immediately after.

Mats Hagstrom M.D.

Mats Hagstrom, MD

Post fat transfer

the lips retain a lot of swelling.  they will go down.  it will take a few more weeks.  you are still bruised,  which indicates you might be taking a blood thinner. it's OK,  but this bruising will promote swelling.  I would give this one more month.  the scar will continue to improve over the next 6 to 8 months.  I think you will do well and need to give this more time before judging. 

Omeed Memar, MD, PhD
Chicago Dermatologic Surgeon