What should I expect my thighs/arms to look like 1 week after a medial L shaped thigh lift and short scar arm lift?

I'm really anxious as i had surgery 10 days ago, and as the swelling subsides I can see my thighs looking lop sided, with terrible cellulite still and just a slight change in the size of thigh mass, but with a more uneven contour than I ever imagined possible. Arms have a scar in armpit, the surgeon performed lipo on my bingo wings and then cut a 'melon' segment out to lift the lax skin. They are again looking saggy as the days go by, and again with an uneven contour as the bruising goes down.

Feeling anxious about your post-op appearance

The early post-op phase is often an anxious time for patients, and although many patients are eager to see results it is far too soon to evaluate the final outcome. At 10 days post surgery, it's not uncommon to have asymmetrical swelling and bruising and this could certainly be contributing to some of the issues you have identified. Follow-up with your surgeon regularly, perhaps some more discussion will help to reassure you that your recovery is on track.

Richmond Plastic Surgeon

Thigh and arm lift concerns after surgery

Thank you for asking about your arm and thigh lift.

• Surgical recovery does cause great anxiety.
  • Things are swollen and uneven at first and take months to improve.
  • It appears you had a short scar arm lift - if you had a lot of liposuction, this lift will not be enough to give you tight skin. A long scar arm lift would be needed.
  • But for now, the best approach is to see you surgeon, follow her/his instructions and if you feel things are not healing as they should, consider getting a second opinion if necessary.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Elizabeth Morgan, MD, PhD

What should i look like a week out from thigh/arm lift surgery?

Thank you for sharing your excellent question.  Unfortunately it is difficult to comment without a full series of photographs but at this stage of healing you should see incisions that are healing well, and without signs of separation.  You likely have significant swelling that may be asymmetrical and the cause of your lop-sided appearance.  I know waiting is difficult but allow your results more time to mature over the next several weeks before analyzing your results.  Voice your concerns to your surgeon as they should provide you with reassurance.