Will this crease go as I continue to heal post op tummy tuck? (Photo)

Will this crease go as I continue to heal post op tummy tuck

Tummy tuck crease

You are still in the early stages of healing ,it is normal for some puckering ,but it will soon flatten out.

Abdominoplasty (Tummy Tuck) healing concerns

Thank you for your question. It is very common for there to be visible pleating or "puckering" at the incision area immediately following an Abdominoplasty (Tummy Tuck) procedure. You are still quite early in the healing stages of your recovery, and can surely expect this to smooth and soften as you continue to heal. If you have further concerns, please be certain to address them with your board-certified plastic surgeon. 

Susan D. Vasko, MD, FACS
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Will the crease go away?

From the photographs, I don't think anyone can be absolutely sure how you are healing well progress. You can probably be very optimistic and expect much flattening after the swelling goes down and the incision continues to heal.

Ira H. Rex lll, MD
Fall River Plastic Surgeon

6-8 months needed for "closure creases" to resolve

It is common to have a skin folding crease while healing.  This will quickly get better as time goes by as the skin remodels to its new location.  good luck.

Marwan R. Khalifeh, MD
Chevy Chase Plastic Surgeon

When closing edges of different lengths

as is common with tummy tucks (the upper skin edge being longer), its very common to get small pleats that will smooth with time.  More commonly with tummy tucks are residual bumps that require liposuction to improve.  You appear to be healing well at this point in your recovery.

Curtis Wong, MD

Crease following a tummy tuck?

Hi and thanks for sharing your question and photos. The lines at the end of the operation are pretty normal in the early period after surgery and should improve over time. I always recommend following up with your plastic surgeon up to 1 year from surgery in order to see your final results! Congratulations and best of luck to you.

Dr. ALDO

Aldo Guerra, MD