Coolsculpting for the neck area: Would a session work for me and give me a more defined jaw line? (photos)

I am after a more defined jawline. Don't have too much excess fat but want it more defined. 

CoolSculpting Can Eliminate Double Chins Without Surgery

CoolSculpting by Zeltiq is a non-invasive fat-removal technique that actually freezes fat cells, triggering their death and permanent elimination from the body. By removing your submental fat with the CoolMini applicator, your jawline would be more defined. If you want skin tightening as well, we could add in Ultherapy. Please see a board-certified dermatologist to learn about all of the options that can help you achieve the look you want.

Baltimore Dermatologic Surgeon

Coolsculpting for the neck area: Would a session work for me and give me a more defined jaw line?

Thank you for your question. I would recommend seeing a board certified plastic surgeon with expertise in CoolSculpting. This way, you can explain your concerns, learn more about the procedure, and determine if you are a good candidate. An in-person assessment is always best. 

Martin Jugenburg, MD

CoolMini Eliminates Double Chins

Zeltiq's CoolMini – the smaller applicator for CoolSculpting – is an effective way to permanently eliminate small amounts of stubborn fat, such as that underneath your chin. Each session freezes and destroys up to 24% of fat cells in a treated area. We follow CoolSculpting with the Z-Wave instead of massage, which makes CoolSculpting more comfortable and also improves results by about 50%. We typically do not see any sagging skin after CoolSculpting. In fact, many experts have noticed a skin tightening effect after treatment, but the mechanism is unclear. Eliminating your double-chin should give you the cleaner jawline you desire. More than one session may be needed. Please see a board-certified dermatologist to learn more about how CoolSculpting can get rid of your double chin for good.

Kimberly Butterwick, MD
San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon

Coolsculpting Mini Produces Improvement in Your Double Chin That Lasts

Hello and thank-you for your question and photos.We offer the Cool mini as a non-surgical alternative to liposuction for the right candidate.  For optimal results, 2 treatments are generally required. The treatments are separated by 4-6 weeks. We also offer Kybella and often use the two to develop customized surgical alternative to surgical options.If there is mild to moderate skin laxity, combining the treatment with Ultherapy is an option. I would visit with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area who offers all these options to discuss what is best for you. Best regards,Andrew Lyos MD, FACS

Andrew T. Lyos, MD, FACS

Cool Sculpting for Chin

Dear Alex, I would seek a consultation in an office that offers both cool sculpting and kybella. You have a small area of opportunity that could be amenable to the cool mini but may be too narrow for the applicator. In your personal assessment the RN can check the template and see if it would fit. If not, kybella may be a nice option. Best of luck. 

Robert Heck, MD, FACS
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Coolsculpting for chin.

Yes!  The Coolmini applicator can give you some very good results.  It will probably require 1-2 treatments to get the best results.  Remember it is non-invasive and only requires one hour per treatment.  You can even add some Kybella to improve the results.

Lawrence Broder, MD
Cedar Park Family Physician

Coolsculpting under the chin

In reviewing your photographs, it appears you would be a good candidate for Coolsculpting . Most patients require 2 treatments in the area to achieve their desired outcome. I would suggest you find a certified coolsculpting center and speak with their clinicians in depth.

Steven H. Dayan, MD
Chicago Facial Plastic Surgeon

Cool sculpting for chin

Based on these pictures, I think you are a very good candidate.  Seek consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon with experience with all treatment modalities, including cool sculpting.

Jeffrey D. Wagner, MD

Coolsculpting Treatment

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your pictures you are a good candidate for Coolsculpting Mini, which is the applicator to be used for that area. You will probably needed three applicators, two on each side of your neck and one right under your chin. You may need two treatments. I would suggest you get a consultation, we offer free consultations here at Refined Dermatology. Hope this helped, Dr. S. 

Steven Swengel, MD
Los Gatos Dermatologic Surgeon

Coolmini for submental fat and jawline

You are a great candidate for this procedure. I would apply at least one on each side. A 2nd treatment might be necessary. It is a very easy procedure without downtime and involves no injections. 

Steven F. Weiner, MD