Coolsculpting for the neck area: Would a session work for me and give me a more defined jaw line? (photos)

I am after a more defined jawline. Don't have too much excess fat but want it more defined. 

CoolMini is great for defining the jawline

The new CoolMini applicator is perfect for treating the fat under the jawline and chin. I would advise at least 2 cycles of CoolMini to start with and then wait 3 months. Some patients see results as early as 3 weeks, but full results take 3 months to develop. No compression straps are required and there is usually no discomfort after the treatment and you can continue with daily life afterwards with no restrictions.

It really is a suitable alternative to VASER Liposuction which is how I used to treat double chins prior to CoolMini.

Looking at your photos it appears you have a slight asymmetry with your right side being fuller than you left. However that may just be the angle of the photos. 

London Physician

CoolSculpting - and Kybella - are great options for fat under the chin.

Great question, Aex221983. Fatty tissue under the chin is especially frustrating because it can be hereditary and resistant to weight loss. Fortunately, it does respond well to body contouring procedures. 

CoolSculpting’s CoolMini applicator was specifically designed to reduce small bulges of fat, and can be used under the chin, above the knees, or the “bra fat” above the breasts. The treatment is non-invasive, has no real downtime, and typically produces a 20-25% reduction of fat per treatment. Depending on your goals, it may take 1-3 sessions to achieve the goals you want. In my office, we also offer Kybella to treat unwanted fatty tissue under the chin. Kybella is an injectable treatment than can deliver similar outcomes. 

Both CoolSculpting and Kybella are intended for patients bothered by fatty tissue, rather than loose skin. An in-person consultation is essential to determine if you are a good candidate. Look for a board-certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon who performs both treatments regularly and can respond to your unique anatomy and goals. 

Sue Ellen Cox, MD
Raleigh-Durham Dermatologic Surgeon

Coolsculpting

Coolsculpting is an excellent form of non-invasive  fat reduction for the right patient. Some applicators take 1 or 2 hours but the new advantage applicators take only 35 minutes and have significantly less risk for delayed onset pain (especially in the abdomen). Results are seen at 2 months and typically 1-3 treatments will be necessary on each area to achieve ideal results. The number of treatments depends on the amount of fat there and the patient's goals.  There is not downtime and the results can be impressive in the right patient.  We also use the Zimmer Z-wave for improved patient comfort and added results. The best candidates are those who are in pretty good shape with areas of stubborn fat that won't go away no matter what. In person examination is very important to decide if you are a good candidate for this treatment. The Cool Mini is excellent for double chin.

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

CoolSculpting Can Eliminate Double Chins Without Surgery

CoolSculpting by Zeltiq is a non-invasive fat-removal technique that actually freezes fat cells, triggering their death and permanent elimination from the body. By removing your submental fat with the CoolMini applicator, your jawline would be more defined. If you want skin tightening as well, we could add in Ultherapy. Please see a board-certified dermatologist to learn about all of the options that can help you achieve the look you want.

Margaret Weiss, MD
Baltimore Dermatologic Surgeon

Coolsculpting for the neck area: Would a session work for me and give me a more defined jaw line?

Thank you for your question. I would recommend seeing a board certified plastic surgeon with expertise in CoolSculpting. This way, you can explain your concerns, learn more about the procedure, and determine if you are a good candidate. An in-person assessment is always best. 

Regards, 

Martin Jugenburg, MD

CoolMini Eliminates Double Chins

Zeltiq's CoolMini – the smaller applicator for CoolSculpting – is an effective way to permanently eliminate small amounts of stubborn fat, such as that underneath your chin. Each session freezes and destroys up to 24% of fat cells in a treated area. We follow CoolSculpting with the Z-Wave instead of massage, which makes CoolSculpting more comfortable and also improves results by about 50%. We typically do not see any sagging skin after CoolSculpting. In fact, many experts have noticed a skin tightening effect after treatment, but the mechanism is unclear. Eliminating your double-chin should give you the cleaner jawline you desire. More than one session may be needed. Please see a board-certified dermatologist to learn more about how CoolSculpting can get rid of your double chin for good.

Kimberly Butterwick, MD
San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon

Coolsculpting Mini Produces Improvement in Your Double Chin That Lasts

Hello and thank-you for your question and photos.We offer the Cool mini as a non-surgical alternative to liposuction for the right candidate.  For optimal results, 2 treatments are generally required. The treatments are separated by 4-6 weeks. We also offer Kybella and often use the two to develop customized surgical alternative to surgical options.If there is mild to moderate skin laxity, combining the treatment with Ultherapy is an option. I would visit with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area who offers all these options to discuss what is best for you. Best regards,Andrew Lyos MD, FACS

Andrew T. Lyos, MD, FACS

Cool Sculpting for Chin

Dear Alex, I would seek a consultation in an office that offers both cool sculpting and kybella. You have a small area of opportunity that could be amenable to the cool mini but may be too narrow for the applicator. In your personal assessment the RN can check the template and see if it would fit. If not, kybella may be a nice option. Best of luck. 

Robert Heck, MD, FACS
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Coolsculpting for chin.

Yes!  The Coolmini applicator can give you some very good results.  It will probably require 1-2 treatments to get the best results.  Remember it is non-invasive and only requires one hour per treatment.  You can even add some Kybella to improve the results.

Lawrence Broder, MD
Cedar Park Family Physician

Coolsculpting under the chin

In reviewing your photographs, it appears you would be a good candidate for Coolsculpting . Most patients require 2 treatments in the area to achieve their desired outcome. I would suggest you find a certified coolsculpting center and speak with their clinicians in depth.

Steven H. Dayan, MD
Chicago Facial Plastic Surgeon