Follow-up Question - My B cup doesn't fit anymore! Am I a C cup now? (photos)

Hello! This is a continuation from the previous question. So I have recently undergone surgery. And to know the cup size, I was advised to go for bra fitting. I dug out my my old bra which has gone loose. And flesh appear to be budging out my B34 bra. Does that mean I am at least bigger than an A+ cup to small B cup? Perhaps a C cup? Every bra size varies but it wouldn't varies too much right!Thanks

To see previous question, please click here.

Avoid fixation on cup size

and focus more on how it looks on you... as you will always be able to find a bra cup that will fit you.  In my practice, the most important characteristics I look for is symmetry of volume and level upper poles.  

Cup size

I generally do not talk cup sizes with patients for the reasons you are asking about. Cup sizes vary tremendously by manufacturer. They also differ based on your chest circumference, how tightly you wear your bras, and what kind of bra it is (e.g. underwire, push-up, etc.). So your best bet is to get sized or to try several bras on yourself. Also know that it may take several months for shifting/swelling to stabilize...so I would wait before heading to La Perla!

Mark Sisco, MD
Northbrook Plastic Surgeon

Follow-up Question - My B cup doesn't fit anymore! Am I a C cup now?

Bra size  varies with manufacturer.  Choose the manufacturer and style of bra that she like and be re-fitted at the store.  Generally speaking Victoria Secret bras run a full size larger than most other stores..

Bra's after a Breast Augmentation

Bra's vary from store to store, and cc's mean nothing in isolation. Be sure to get sized before purchasing a post breast augmentation bra in order to ensure that you have the right size and support needed to support your breasts long term. Best of Luck.

Try them on

The way you like to fit your bra and the maker have everything to do with the size.  Try them on and find one you like.  That is your size.

Dear MantoishBra size in itself is not as important. The same person would fit into bras labelled at different sizes by different manufactures. The question is do you have a breast size that fits your goals and looks good on you. If you fit into the clothing that you like and look proportionate and symmetric, you have achieved at least one of the goals of your surgery. I do agree that you don't appear to have an A cup breast.

Afshin Parhiscar, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Bra Cup Sizing

Bra cup sizing varies quite a lot between different manufacturers. The cup will also change in size depending on the bra band width. I recommend that you try a few from different companies and wear what you are most comfortable with.
All the best

Breast augmentation - what cup size am I

Thank you for asking about your breast augmentation.
  • At least in your photos, you look as though you are probably a very full B to a medium C cup look -
  • This is a full normal look. 
  • Cup sizes vary - so I do not rely on the cup size but the look. 
  • Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Cup size

Thank you very much for your question.  It is important to realize that bra cup sizes are relative and differ by manufacturer.  A C cup at Victoria's secret is typically closer to a B cup at Nordstrom's or Macy's.  Generally a 200cc implant will allow for an increase of one cup size.  I wish you good luck.