If the columella is sutured to the septum, will this lift the columella and cause it to look shorter/reduced please?

I am 2 months post closed septo/rhinoplasty. My columella is so short and reduced. I don't like it at all. My surgeon informs me that he has neither lifted my tip or columella. He says he has just sutured the columella to the septum. He says swelling is what's lifting my columella up. He says when swelling subsides, the tip and columella will drop back down. My columella is now shorter/reduced. It used to be 4/5mm lower than my alar nostrils, now they are on an equal level. I thank you.

Dear unhappy10

After rhinoplasty, the nose is swollen and as such the soft tissue can look displaced. It takes time for the swelling to resolve. If you look at you tip skin and surrounding skin, you will likely see that they are still firm and edematous. Give your results about 6 months and at that point you can have a better idea of your actual results.

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Dear unhappy10