Will my columella drop to how it looked before surgery? Will my upturned Miss Piggy nose go drop? (photos)

I am 2.5 was post closed rhino. very displeased as my nose at the bottom is flat and my columella has gone. The surgeon says the swelling is keeping my columella up and once the sutures fall out, the columella will widen and drop down to how it was before surgery. He also says he did not lift my columella and tip. I also do not like my side profile. Will this drop considerably? In your honest opinion, will my columella drop down to how it was before surgery? Thank you.

Will my columella drop to how it looked before surgery? Will my upturned Miss Piggy nose go drop?

There certainly is a distinct difference between the before and after photos. It appears that you are still very early in the post-op period. It is likely that changes will continue to occur. Overall, at this time I see very positive improvement comparing your before and after photos.

2.5 wks post rhinoplasty with columellar flattening

Hello,I would like to reassure you, you are early after rhinoplasty and things will continue to change and improve over the next year.  This is quite normal.  I think your nose looks good and in 1 years time, I would bet you will be much happier.  Best of luck and try to be patient.

Elbert T. Cheng, MD
San Jose Facial Plastic Surgeon

Dear unhappy10, At this early stage you will see some changes that will occur as the swelling dissipates over the coming months. The amount that the tip will relax as the swelling reduces is also based upon the techniques used during your procedure. I am unsure what your proposed results were and if you asked for a more natural looking rhinoplasty result then hopefully your surgeon was on the same page and you will see continued improvements. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Michael Elam, MD

Will the columella drop 2.5 weeks after surgery?

Hello unhappy10,It is very common for the nose to be more upturned early on in the healing process due to the swelling of the nose. If the nose was not meant to be upturned, it is unlikely that it will stay in that position. (for what it's worth, i don't think that it's really too elevated if you look a that angle between your lips and the bottom of your nose). At this early time, I would not make any firm conclusions on how your nose looks. Discuss your concerns with your surgeons.

Michael M. Kim, MD
Portland Facial Plastic Surgeon