Could this bump in my nose be corrected with fillers? (Photo)

Hi I was wondering if filler may be used to remove the bump in my nose for a while and if so what type is best? Many Thanks.

Nasal bump

Your dorsal hump (bump) can be camoflauged by raising the bridge of your nose slightly both above and below the bump to smooth the dorsal line when looking at the profile. This can be done with filler. Using filler will change both the overall shape of your nose and the proportion of your nose to your face. Filler is also temporary so you will need repeat injections as the filler dissolves with time. Surgery can be done to remove the hump permanently so that you will always have a smooth contour after a single procedure. Both options have their pros and cons. It is best to have an in-office consultation so that your nose can be evaluated both functionally and aesthetically in its natural 3-Dstate before deciding on the best treatment plan. Hope this helps!!
Johnson C. Lee, MD
Plastic Surgery  

Beverly Hills Physician

Non Surgical Rhinoplasty -- Fillers Like Voluma, Restylane, Juvederm

you look like a candidate, but need a formal consultation to determine what is best and what filler should be chosen.  Dr. Emer.

Fillers and bumps on the nose.

Yes, you are an ideal candidate. Fillers can be used to ' trick' the eye and straighten the line. Sounds easy, but this is a procedure that should be carried out by a someone experienced. Due the blood supply of the nose, injections should be in the midline, and in this area one should use a cannula. The procedure itself takes only 3-4 minutes to do, and IMO only HA based fillers should be used- namely Restylane or Juvederm. For a balanced opinion, I would seek advice from a surgeon who perform BOTH surgical and non-surgical rhinoplasty and discuss the pros and cons of each procedure. All the best, Dr Davin Lim Aesthetic dermatologistBrisbane, Australia. 

Davin Lim, MBBS, FACD
Brisbane Dermatologist

Non-surgical rhinoplasty candidates

Hi. Yes! You have the perfect nose for a non-surgical correction but it has to be done correctly and with a safer filler like Restylane and by someone who understands nasal aesthetics and proportions. Your radix is low and you have a middle vault saddle which combine to highlight your bump! Taking your bump completely down surgically would actually be a mistake and would create a ski slope nose.

Shervin Naderi, MD, FACS
Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

Surgical rhinoplasty for dorsal hump removal

Fillers placed in the nose are not designed to remove a large dorsal hump in the nose, and are only temporary. Placement of fillers in the nose is usually for very small isolated depressions after a rhinoplasty procedure. The dorsal hump is composed of both bone and cartilage must be surgically shaped down in order to remove it permanently. Fillers are not FDA approved for that application, and can have significant complications when trying to inject a significant amount of material into the nose, in an attempt to try to camouflage a large dorsal hump. Placement of the fillers will make the nose taller, bigger, and wider and only on a temporary basis. For many examples of surgical rhinoplasty for dorsal hump removal, please see the link and the video below