Would it be ok to have another baby after a tummy tuck? (photos)

Hello, I had a tummy tuck 5 yrs ago and I have lots of loose skin. I eant to have a tummy tuck but I would like another baby in the future. Would if be ok to have another baby after tummy tuck?

Tummy tucks and pregnancy

A prior tummy tuck is not a contraindication to pregnancy and it should be safe to do so. If you are planning on having other children soon it would be wise to defer the surgery until after the pregnancy rather than risk the possibility of recurrent laxity and the need for yet another procedure.

Sacramento Plastic Surgeon

Would it be ok to have another baby after a tummy tuck?

You may have children after a tummy tuck.  You may need the tummy tuck revised or redone after children.
Kenneth Hughes, MDLos Angeles, CA

Baby after tummy tuck?

Hi and thank you for your question.You look like a good candidate for a tummy tuck, with enough skin laxity for a nice result. If you are thinking about getting pregnant in the near future, you should wait on your next tummy tuck. It makes more sense to wait until you are done having children. I would expect another pregnancy would stretch out a nice tummy tuck result and make you wish you had waited.Best wishes

Leilie Javan, MD
Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

Timing of TT

Having your tummy tuck is ok, but you should no plan on having another child in the near future (1 to 2 years)

Thank you for the question. The main question is when you plan to have another child. If it's in the near future, then it's certainly better to wait to have surgery. If you've already had a previous tummy tuck, then I would lean more towards waiting to have all of your children before you have a second tummy tuck, because after your next child you may be inquiring about a third tummy tuck...

Tummy tuck before pregnancy

dear halaYou an excellent candidate for abdominoplasty. You are likely to have a noticeably flatter abdomen and removal of the excess skin. There is no known impact on your pregnancy and its outcome post abdominoplasty. It is likely to partially reverse some of the advantages of the abdominoplasty. The question often becomes how soon are you having your next child and is the benefit of the procedure until that time worth having the surgery now.Look for an experienced plastic surgeon certified by the American board of plastic surgery. See more than one consult and make a well informed decision .

Afshin Parhiscar, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon