Alarplasty? (Photo)

I really want my nostrills reduced, i feel my nose base take focus away from my whole face. Am i a sutable candidate for alarplasty? I do not want my african features to drastically change so i do not want tip to be narrow! Is it possible? How much am i looking at? Uk prices please

Alarplasty

I love alarplasty for patients with a lot of flare in their nostrils. It appears from your photo that you do have excessive flare and would be a good candidate for alarplasty as an isolated procedure. 

That being said, you need to understand that alarplasty is best when the results are somewhat subtle and we don't try too hard to bring the nostrils in unnaturally. This creates too much tension and you will not like the scar if it is done too aggressively. Also, please keep in mind that changing your nostrils does affect the rest of your nose. You may find that after alarplasty, that you want to tweak everything else (particularly tip height) later. 

In my practice, isolated alarplasty can be done in the office and we charge $1500-3000, all inclusive of your pre and post op follow ups. 

Pasadena Plastic Surgeon

Open rhinoplasty candidate, some advices:

Thank you very much for the questions.

The harmony between facial parts makes us instinctively recognize the beauty... without knowing it, without defining it, just a perception that surprises and captivates us.

In this regard, After having analyzed all the info. and photos provided to us, i recommend you perform an Open Full Rhinoplasty, includding narrowing of the nasal base and nostrils, with nasal bones treatment (controled fracture) and alar + triangular nasal cartilages re-shaping.
With this procedure you get a delicate nose, better harmonize with your other facial features.

Kind regards

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD