5 months post-op. Do I still have swelling? (Photos)

I had a rhinoplasty almost 5 months ago (tumescent method- bloodless field surgery). When I touch my nostrils I have the feeling of resistance, is this swelling? Also, my tip and supratip, are hard. This fact indicates that there is swelling (in tip and supratip)? Lastly, the two sides of the nose (left and right the bone) looks that are swollen? Are they going to improve? (in pictures 2, my nose looks almost unchanged). I look forward to your opinion. Thank you, Doctors!

Swelling after a rhinoplasty

Hi and thanks for the question.

At 5 months post-op from a rhinoplasty, you are very early in the healing process. Swelling can take between 12 to 18 months to totally reside, depending on your particular case. I would not worry too much and be patient. 

Glenn Vallecillos, MD, FACS

5 months post-op

At 5 months there is still some residual swelling and firmness but you should be able to visualize the result.

Curtis Perry, MD
Downey Facial Plastic Surgeon

Do I Have swelling 5 Months after Rhinoplasty?

Even without seeing pictures I can say that you have some selling 5 months after a complete rhinoplasty. The firmness that you describe is consistent with that swelling.