250 or 310cc ultra soft medium profile for most natural shape and look? (Photo)

I want a natural look, I like the ski slope shape much more than the rounded look. I'm 5'5", 9st2 and currently wear a 34a. My surgeon has suggested ultra soft implants, medium profile in either 250cc or 310cc. I'm really struggling to decide which to go for. I think I'd be disappointed if they ended up too small but I'm scared to go for the 310cc incase they look too round and fake. I'm having them under the muscle. Please help :-)

Nothing natural about implants

but more natural looks can be achieved with smaller implants.  So decide on what is more important to you... size or naturalness and go with what is your priority.  Most women in the US wish they went larger after they have recovered from their procedures.  So pick accordingly to your priority, assuming that the smaller implant is still going to increase your size adequately to where you will be happy.

Natural look

the smaller the size you choose the more natural they will look.  You should decide what size you want and make sure your surgeon understands that; 250cc or 310cc are not your only choices...you can choose sized in between.  Make sure you surgeon is spending enough time to understand your needs.  Also, make sure you review the before/after photos of your surgeon (make sure they are showing you front, quarter turn and profile views from each patient).

Andre Aboolian, MD

Choosing implants

Your best bet when you are trying to decide on implants is to try on sizers of the exact implant you are considering inside a very tight sports bra. This will give you a close idea of what you will look like. More importantly the dimensions or width of the implants need to match and fit your frame and body. If you are working with a board certified plastic surgeon with an expertise in breast augmentation he or she should be able to help you with this in their office. Good luck!

Dean Vistnes, M.D.
Vistnes Plastic Surgery
San Francisco Bay Area

#drdeanvistnes #breastaugmentation

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

250 or 310cc ultra soft medium profile for most natural shape and look?

Thank you for the question. Based on your photographs, I think that you are starting at a good place and should have a very nice outcome with breast augmentation surgery.

Ultimately, careful communication of your goals (in my practice I prefer the use of goal pictures, direct examination/communication in front of a full-length mirror, in bra sizers, and computer imaging) as well as careful measurements (dimensional planning) will be critical.
Given that your surgery is coming up soon, I would suggest that you spend additional time communicating your goals/concerns directly with your plastic surgeon, preferably prior to the date of surgery
Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering breast augmentation surgery ( regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:
1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully. Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you are looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.
2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals.
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. For example, I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or "round and fake" or "C or D cup" etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup size may also be inaccurate. Again, the use of computer imaging has been very helpful during the communication process, in our practice.
3. Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly, allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals. Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery, after the use of temporary intraoperative sizers.
I hope this (and the attached link, dedicated to breast augmentation surgery concerns) helps. Best wishes for an outcome that you will be very pleased with.