11 Weeks later and Eyelid ptosis still visible. Will I be left like this?

12 weeks ago I had Botox done by a certified PS. I had it before in my 11's with no issues but never before across my forehead. Anyway 6 days later I got a really bad eyelid droop. I have been using the drops and they have really helped but after 11weeks while it is about 85% back to normal it's still not the way it was before. It seems to have stopped improving over the last couple of weeks. I am really concerned that it's not going to go back to normal. Wrinkles are nearly completely back.

Eye droop after Botox

It is a little unusual for the drooping to still be this significant after 12 weeks but it will go back to the way you were before. just keep using the drops for now

Nashville Dermatologist

Droopy Eyelids after Botox

Thank you for your question camee. I am sorry to hear about your situation. Botox is a purified protein used to address wrinkles associated with facial expression. A rare side effect is droopy eyelids, which can be treated with apraclonidine (Iopidine) 0.5% ophthalmic solution. Typically the droopiness resolved within two weeks. I have my patients return to take photographs at that time. The results of Botox usually last up to four months; this also includes side effects. For my patients I recommend continuing the eye drops until they are no longer needed they will likely not be needed for more than four months. Please follow up with your doctor for specific recommendations. Good luck!

Alex Eshaghian, MD, PhD
Encino Physician

Eyelid ptosis

Typically eyelid ptosis will resolve before 11 weeks however, botox takes 3-4 months to fully wear off.  Rest assured it will all go back to normal.

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Eyelid droop will not be permenent

The effects of Botox can take 4 or more months to fully disappear even though the wrinkles are back.  Give it time.  It will not be permanent.

Lawrence Osman, MD

Botox Results - Ptosis

Botox can take 3-4 months to resolve, you will likely see improvement within the next few weeks. Please see an expert for future treatments. Best, Dr. Emer

Eyelid ptosis after Botox injection

Don't worry. The ptosis will correct completely as soon as the Botox wears off. Sometimes it can take the full 3-4 months for the Botox to wear off. 

Botox and Eyelid Ptosis

After the Botox has worn off, you should expect to go back to your baseline appearance. It can take anywhere from 3-6 months for the effects of Botox to fully wear off. Hang in there and keep following your injectors instructions. 

Millicent Odunze-Geers, MD, MPH
Sacramento Physician

Promise after botox

Thanks for your wuestion. It will absolutely go back to normal once the botox wears off but it might take the full 3 to 4 months to do so.
Lisa Vuich, MD

Lisa Vuich, MD
Nashua Physician