I'm worried after having Juvederm Vobella injected into my tear trough. I can see raised white patches! (Photo)

IsI got juvederm injected into my tear trough 3 days ago. One eye immediately swelled in a pocket and the other has raised white squares, that can be seen in the light. I have think skin and I'm worried the juevederm may be showing through? this look quite normal for 3 days after treatment? Although I've seen reduction in bruising the swelling/patches do not seem to have reduced?

Volbella in tear trough

The photo is very difficult to determine what is going on. Often times after filler in the tear trough, there can be watery swelling for several days. If the filler was placed too shallowly, it sometimes can be seen through the skin.  I would recommend seeing the physician that placed this filler and if there is too much or if placement is determined to be to close to the skin surface, the physician an easily dissolve part of it with hyaluronic acid. I hope this helps!

See your specialist

Very hard to see with the resolution of photos. Sometimes if placed too superficially, yes, white instead of blue can be seen. Most but not all Specialist place this product on bone, so it is deep. 

If you are worried, ask your injector for advice, there is a product called HYLASE or hyalurinodase that can dissolve this filler- the is the advantage of using HA fillers such as Juvederm Volbella. 

All the best

Dr Davin Lim 
Laser and aesthetic dermatologist
BRISBANE, Australia. 

Davin Lim, MBBS, FACD
Brisbane Dermatologist

Juvederm

emskie, see your treating MD; I can tell you very little based on your photos. There is a treatment (an injection) that can be used to dissolve hylaronic acid fillers with variable results. Good luck!

M. Sean Freeman, MD
Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon