Uneven chin - which procedure should I have?

I have an uneven and squarish chin. I am happy with its size but I want it to be more even and less square so more smooth. What procedures shall I be looking for? also, if my chin was a bit longer, I would prefer it. I am looking for permanent results only-not temporary like botox

Candidate for a Chin Augmenatation

Without an exam your question cannot be answered. However, your photos are helpful and you are probably a good candidate for a Chin Augmentation. You will need to see an Oral/Maxillofacial surgeon to see if othognathic surgery, genioplasty or using an implant is best for your specific case. It should be noted that patients with severely weak jaws or abnormally functioning jaws may be better treated with other facial surgery (orthognathic surgery), although a chin augmentation may be an option at a later time. These patients should seek the advice of a plastic surgeon to determine which course is right for them. Here is some information to help you make this decision: Candidates for Chin Augmentation - Patients whose chin profiles are weak but have normally functioning jaws are candidates for Chin Augmentation. Many of these candidates have used injectable fillers in the past to strengthen the protrusion of their chins, but are looking for a permanent solution. If you are one of these patients, then you are a likely candidate for chin augmentation

My advice to you would be to seek a facial plastic surgeon and have him/her morph your face so that both of you can understand which types of manipulations regarding your chin might be most advantageous to your face from an aesthetic standpoint. Often, especially in males, chin augmentation is very favorable. In women, the chin should be less projected and more delicate. If indeed the chin is excessively squared, protuberant, or even asymmetric, the surgeon can aim to shave any excess bony tissue to contour it to a more aesthetically balanced form. Determining the ideal shape, projection, and appearance of the chin means being aware of its relationship with the nose, neck, and overall face. This is why such a facial assessment by a trained facial plastics expert is essential for you as the first step. Best of luck!

Danny Soares, MD
Clermont Facial Plastic Surgeon