Is a thin skinned woman with little fat suitable for lower face and neck lift?

I am considering having a lower face and neck lift. I am in my forties and am very slim. I have thin skin and have had fillers for years to add volume but find they are not helping to lift my lower face and neck. Am i a good candidate for surgery or will it leave me looking more gaunt and hollow? Will my thin skin heal up nicely after or will scarring be an issue?

Determining the Facial Procedures Best For You

During your #consultation, your skin texture and elasticity, as well as your underlying skin structure and your facial bone structure will be evaluated. Based on this evaluation, your board certified plastic surgeons will create a custom surgical plan, detailing specific techniques and recommendations to meet your goals. In doing so, he or she should be sure to have a full understanding of what results you expect. It is possible to #combine #surgeries. In fact, I commonly recommend other procedures to go accompany a facelift, such as blepharoplasty or a midface (cheek) lift, to name a few. The combination of multiple of facial procedures may create an optimal result. The best procedure approach will be discussed in greater detail during your one-on-one #consultation. I invite you to visit PacificCenterPlasticSurgery.com to view a complete list of surgeries commonly performed

If you are not a #candidate, your surgeon can make other suggestions to address your concerns and objectives. It is extremely important to seek a board certified plastic surgeon highly trained with your desired procedures. I also encourage you to look at before and after photos of the surgeons actual patients. Also, reading patient reviews of those who have had combined surgeries will be beneficial. Gathering all of this information will help you make a well-informed decision.

Good Candidate for Facelift and Necklift

Thank you for your question, please have a consultation with a facial plastic surgeon consultant so they can assess whether you would be an appropriate candidate for the procedure.  I perform facelift under local anaesthetic therefore minimum health risks and more people with the concern of jowls and skin elasticity being lost around the jawline and neck would be a suitable candidate.  

You can have a lower facelift under local anaesthetic therefor being less invasive than traditional methods as there is less scarring, bruising and swelling for a significantly quicker recovery period.  The Concept™ facelift is suitable for men and women who wish to reduce sagging in the lower face and neck and regain a more natural, rejuvenated appearance. 

What are the benefits of a local anaesthetic facelift?

• Minimally invasive as it is a short scar facelift
  • There is minimal bruising and swelling, especially when compared to traditional facelifts
  • As the procedure is performed under local anaesthetic, you can go straight home following the procedure
  • Full recovery in a matter of days rather than months
  • Significantly less risk than Facelifts performed under general anaesthetic
  • Fresh, youthful and long lasting results

All The Best 

Face/neck lift thin skin

Typically thin, light skin color, low sebaceous concentration does well from a scar standpoint. This is a generalization but it stands true for most scars. 

To determine candidacy for a face lift you really need a good physical exam and facial analysis. There are structural parts of the neck and face that need to be assessed. An example is the position of your hyoid bone. This can have a dramatic effect on the outcome.Patients that do best have a high and posterior hyoid bone postioin. Also baseline jaw structure, platysma muscle banding and fat pocket positions are important. 

From your description it sounds like you would do well. You have been taking care of yourself and have realistic expectations. 

Hope this helps.

DrC

Benjamin Caughlin, MD
Chicago Facial Plastic Surgeon

You may or may not be. Without photos there is no way we can comment on a surgical procedure for you that will change your appearance without knowing what you look like. If you would like some thoughts please feel free to resubmit your questions with appropriate full face front and side view photos. We have successfully rejuvenated a great many thin-skinned patients over the years. But it sounds like fillers or fat transfers are still a good idea for you.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Face and Neck Lift Candidate

if you have loose skin it can be lifted, but you may need volume with fat injections or fillers along with laser treatments for wrinkles/complexion.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Is a thin skinned woman with a little fat suitable for lower face and neck lift?

In our practice, we perform a high-SMAS lower face and neck lift. This procedure accomplishes tightening loose facial and neck skin,  lifting the jowls, tightening loose facial and neck muscles, and removal of fatty deposits in the neck including a platysma plasty. A full set of facial photographs are required to make a determination about being a candidate for lower face and neck lift procedure. For more information  and many before-and-after examples, please see the link and the video below

Considering having a lower face and neck lift, in my forties, slim, had fillers for years but not lifting face.

Hi, I have performed facelifts for over 30 years and have performed many minimally, invasive type facelifts.  Non smiling photos of your face from the front and side would help in the evaluation.  Following the beauty principles outlined in my book on face and body beauty, women look the most feminine, youthful and attractive with heart shaped faces.  Heart shaped faces have cheeks that are full and round in the front.  Cheek augmentation with a dermal filler or using cheek implants for a permanent enhancement will create full, round cheeks that will feminize the entire face.

If the chin is weak, this creates an imbalance making the nose appear larger, the mid face top heavy and the lower face look short that de-emphasizes the lips and allows early formation of a double chin.  Chin augmentation using a chin implant will add projection to the chin creating harmony and balance to the lower face.   I have found that placement of a silastic chin implant, through a small curved incision under the chin (also allows excess skin removal) to be very safe, quick and highly effective.

If you have "jowls” these are sagging facial tissues and an indication for some form of a SMAS facelift.  The underlying SMAS layer, of the face, must be dissected, lifted, trimmed and re-sutured (not merely folded or suspended with threads or sutures that will not last).  The excess skin is then removed and the facelift incisions closed.

My most popular facelift is the minimally invasive, short incision facelift that has all the benefits of more invasive facelifts (traditional, mid-face, deep plane, cheek lift and subperiosteal facelifts) but with these added benefits:

• very small incisions and no incisions extend or are placed within the hair.
  • minimal tissue dissection = less bruising and swelling = rapid recovery ( several days instead of weeks or months with the more invasive type facelifts mentioned)
  • can be performed in 90 minutes or less, with or without general anesthesia
  • no incisions within the hair = no hair loss
  • excess fat can be removed
  • excess skin removed
  • cheeks, chin and jaw line can be augmented with dermal fillers (I prefer Restylane Lyft) or facial implants
  • most patients fly back home to parts all over the world in as little as 3 days post-op

I combine facial shaping with every facelift procedure.  When jowls are present, these should be done in concert and not alone or separately in order to create a naturally, more attractive face.

Hope this helps.