My surgeon won't perform a full tummy tuck and I don't understand why? (Photo)

I had a mini tummy tuck and Lipo may 2016 I could see straight away that I was disappointed. Its been 4 months now and very minimal changes. Don't feel swollen at all, but I still have excess skin under my navel. My surgeon said a mini tuck would be the best option because not having enough fat at the top part of my stomach. surgeon has agreed to a revision but only for a mini tuck again. instead of the ordinary Lipo, Vaser Lipo instead. I think I would get better results with a full tuck. But he refuses.

My surgeon won't perform a full tummy tuck and I don't understand why?

From the pictures, I would likely perform tummy tuck with liposuction of the sides and back.

Tummy Tuck

You do have lax skin below your umbilicus, which could be removed by a formal tummy tuck.  It may not be possible to remove all the skin to above your umbilicus and you may have a vertical scar left in the lower part of your tummy where the umbilicus used to be.

You have some fatty tissue in the upper part of your tummy.  This will not be addressed.

I would suggest you seek a second opinion, so that you can discuss the pros and cons of treatment after a formal assessment.  Any of the members of BAAPS should be able to advise you.

Douglas McGeorge, MBChB
Liverpool Plastic Surgeon

I think a full abdominoplasty is reasonable, especially if that is what you want.  It depends on your physical exam and health history, but maybe you should get a second opinion.  The patient and the doctor should be on the same page in order for both to trust each other.  

Tyler C. Street, MD
Napa Plastic Surgeon