Do these stitches look normal? 2 weeks post-op breast augmentation. (photos)

Do these stitches look normal? 2 weeks post-op breast augmentation.

Thank you for sharing your question and photographs. It appears that your incision sites have suffered small areas of separation that will need time to heal from the inside-out.  Because of the proximity to your implants I would maintain close follow up with your surgeon and alert them to any changes in appearance or sensation you experience.  Best wishes.

Slight Separation But Otherwise Normal

As other specialists have already said, it appears that there is a slight separation in one of the incisions. Otherwise, your incisions look fairly standard at this point in your recovery. I would contact your plastic surgeon's office to ask about possibly using antibiotic ointment. I usually remove a breast augmentation patient's stitches 2 weeks after the procedure. Scarring is typically most noticeable at 6 to 8 weeks after surgery before gradually fading during the ensuing months.

2 weeks post-op breast augmentation

Based on your photo there seem to be small separations in your scar. No signs of infection present and your body should heal naturally as long as you do not do any lifting or wide movements within the next few weeks. You could use a few wound management procedures to help heal the wound faster. 

Charles Nduka, MD
London Plastic Surgeon

Incision Concern

I can't see any visible stitches in these photos. Your incisions have some small open areas which should heal well with conservative wound care. Ask your Plastic Surgeon to examine you and provide instructions.

All the best

Incision

Contact your surgeon for wound care instructions.  Your photos show a separation that should be addressed.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

Are stitches ok 2 weeks after augmentation?

Thank you for asking about your breast augmentation.

At least in the photo, one one side I see no area of concern and on the other, I see what may be a separation of the skin edges. Please have your own surgeon check you in person and contact his office for advice on wound care while you wait to see her/him.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Incision

The increased tension from the breast augmentation has pulled the incision open some.

It needs to be layered with antibiotic ointment and covered with gauze.  Your surgeon needs to recheck the area.