Slight bulges above end of incision 5 weeks post op. Will they go away? (Photo)

I had a tummy tuck with lipo and muscle repair 5 weeks ago and I'm still fairly swollen. But I'm mostly happy so far. The only problem is I appear to have this "muffin top" appearance above the ends of my incision. I wondered, are these just swelling that will go away? One side much worse than the other. I didn't have it at all post op so it's upsetting me.

Tummy Tuck - Post Op Swelling?

Thank you for your question and photo. You are still relatively early in the post-operative period and should expect to have swelling for three to six months following your tummy tuck surgery, Use of a properly fitted compression garment will help decrease the length and severity of the post-operative swelling. As the swelling decreases, the contour of your abdomen, flanks, and hips will dramatically improve. Please follow your plastic surgeons specific advice regarding your level of physical activity. Hope this helps and good luck with your recovery.

That is probably just swelling, especially because you didnt have it post-op.  I would wait for a few months to re-evaluate.  If you did need a scar revision or liposuction, most surgeons wouldn't offer that to you for many months post-op.

Tyler C. Street, MD
Napa Plastic Surgeon