6 months post-op, had an Open Septorhinoplasty, is this the sign of bad surgery? Can it be fixed? (photos)

6 months PO. I had an open septo rhinoplasty to correct a deviated septum and nasal bridge hump. I have visible scars on either nostril, my nasal tip is drooping and sagging down which has left me with a hanging columella, and I fear that it's turning into a polybeak. Nose has changed shape a lot over last few months. I also have a dent on my left nostril. I shall not be returning to my surgeon for a revision, I plan on finding a new surgeon so please don't redirect me back to my surgeon.

To find doctors in your local area, please click here. 

Revision rhinoplasty

I am sorry to hear that you are unhappy with your results. It can take up to a year for your nose to fully heal. However, given your concerns, I think it would be wise to at least schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area who does a lot of rhinoplasty revision work to at least discuss your options.

Kindly,

Kouros Azar

Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

Revision Rhinoplasty Considerations

Thanks for your post and photos. I am sorry that your primary rhinoplasty did not give you the results that you had hoped for or expected. Seek the opinion of a new, trusted and experienced Facial Plastic Surgeon for recommendations regarding revision surgery. Your concerns are valid and a revision rhinoplasty will be necessary, in my opinion, to correct your nose and improve your situation. 

Fred J. Bressler, MD, FACS
Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon

Its a little early

Been only 6 months post op, I think is too soon to see final results. Real results are seen almost up to 12 to 14 months after surgery. You  should be much better on a couple of months. Dont think on a second surgery by now.

Regards

Dr Hernandez Pizzoglio