Are these side lumpy areas swelling or dog ears-1 week post op? (photos)

I keep seeing things about dogs ears,I've no idea if I have them I just feel like bulges of fat at sides or if it's swelling,not sure.Im one week post op please can anyone tell me if those areas are swelling or not.It didn't look like this right after surgery it's just started to look like this over last few days.Ive posted a day after op no side bulges,and a photo a week later.Thanks

Dog Ears?

After a #tummytuck surgery, #swelling can persist for several months and will gradually improve and will look better at three months, six months, and even one year.

It is only one week since your surgery! Be patient with your results.

If you have concerns, please contact your #BoardCertified #PlasticSurgeon so you may be examined in person.

Dog Ear vs. Swelling

It doesn't appear that you do have dog ears at this point and looks more as if you have swelling present which is absolutely common only one week post op from surgery.  Continue to wear your compression garment as this will help with the swelling.

No Dog ears

After a tummy tuck surgery its normal to have some swelling up to six months after surgery.  I see no dog ears. Keep wearing your compression garment as the days pass you will see a difference.

N. Bill Aydin, MD
Paramus Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck - Post Op Swelling?

Thank you for your question. You appear to be healing well. You should expect to have swelling for three to six months following tummy tuck surgery, Use of a properly fitted compression garment will help decrease the length and severity of the post-operative swelling. As the swelling decreases, the contour of your abdomen, flanks, and hips will dramatically improve. Please follow your plastic surgeons specific advice regarding your level of physical activity. Hope this helps and good luck with your recovery.

Swelling post tummy tuck

You have surgical swelling and I see no dog ears.   You must be patient during you very normal healing period.  Keep up the good wor3k.    My Best, GCommons , MD