Do semi perminant cheek fillers leave the cheeks sagging?

I am thinking to get semi perminant cheek fillers, I must admit I don't 'need' them I just like to try new things, when it eventually disolves will my cheeks go back to normal or could it leave my face sagging and worse than before? Thankyou

Semi-Permanent Cheek Fillers

Thank you for sharing your question. In my experience, cheek fillers actually stimulate the body’s natural collagen production, thus requiring less filler over time to maintain desired results. I recommend trying a long lasting hyaluronic acid filler such as Juvederm Voluma or Restylane Lyft to the midface before considering more permanent options. If you think you do not actually “need” filler, it is best to consult with an experienced injector who can assess you in person and offer the best treatments for your volume requirements. Best of luck.

No.  Not in my opinion.  I have never seen sagging from placing strategic volume in the cheek prominence or malar area.  It can be overdone.  The best filler is your own (autologous) fat, but if that is net an option, Bellafill is a more long lasting filler.Dr. Seare

William J. Seare, MD
Carlsbad Plastic Surgeon

Answer: Cheek Filler

Thank you for your question! The use of hyaluaronic acid dermal fillers for cheek augmentation is a great tool for correction and aesthetic enhancement. When injected correctly, you should experience an overall "lift" of the mid- facial region. Clinical studies are now available stating that dermal fillers are proven effective for long-term collagen stimulation- that being said, injections are helpful for age management. My recommendation would be to schedule a consultation with a board-certified facial plastic surgeon's office to be fully assessed and to discuss all of your options. I hope this is helpful to you!
Be well,
Dr. Todd Hobgood, 

Todd Christopher Hobgood, MD
Phoenix Facial Plastic Surgeon

Hi, I have performed many facial shaping procedures over the past 30 years using dermal fillers, facial implants (cheeks, chin), liposuction and or facelifts. Non smiling photos of your face from the front and side would help in the evaluation. 
Following the beauty principles outlined in my book on face and body beauty, women look the most feminine, youthful and attractive with heart shaped faces.  Heart shaped faces have cheeks that are full and round in the front.  Cheek augmentation with a dermal filler or using cheek implants for a permanent enhancement will create full, round cheeks that will feminize the entire face.  Dermal fillers will not cause facial tissues to sag once the temporary filler has dissolved.

Hope this helps.

Will semi permanent fillers leave cheeks sagging?

There are a variety of fillers that could be used to add volume to the cheeks.  I have not seen someone develop sagging in the cheeks after the fillers have resorbed.  Since you state that you do not necessarily need any fillers, if you were to go ahead with the procedure, I would recommend trying one of the hyaluronic acid fillers, such as Voluma, first.  This could last 1-2 years and if needed, it could be dissolved with injection of a medication.  You could always then move to a longer lasting filler if you liked the results.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon