Do I need revision tummy tuck or is this a good result? (Photo)

I'm 5 months nearly post op mini tuck he said I didn't have enough skin for full tuck and that I did not have diastasis of upper belly,only lower.i hate the fat on my ribs but he said just to exercise and I'll loose it plus I hate the fat on sides which are not on the scar.Any advice?

Mini TT result

Hello, I'm not sure what type of mini TT your surgeon performed but in my practice there is usually minimal improvement in the appearance of the upper abdomen, particularly high up near the ribs.  If you discuss your concerns with your surgeon they may be able to clarify whether further improvement might be seen over time.

Do I need revision tummy tuck or is this a good result?

I fully expect the redness and visibility of your incision lines to further fade and improve in time.  The area to which your pointing could probably be improved (if lipodystrophy) under local anesthesia at minimal expense  Discuss this with your surgeon as an option.  Best wishes,

Jon A. Perlman, M.D., FACS

Beverly Hills, CA

Jon A. Perlman, MD

Result

Hello and thank you for posting photos along with your question! Whether I am doing a mini tummy tuck or a full tummy tuck, in my practice I almost always combine liposuction along with the tummy tuck. This allows me to take care of other areas patients are concerned with that sometimes cannot be addressed with tummy tuck alone. You can definitely try diet and exercise first but if that does not get rid of your areas of concern then you may want to consider liposuction. Hope this helps and congrats on your new tummy!

Ankur Mehta MD 

Ankur Mehta, MD
Sugar Land Plastic Surgeon

DrDerby

Thank you for your question and the photo. For now the results look fine , i would try to lose the last fat by exercise and diet and if you cannot get rid of it ... you can always consider a lipo in the future. Best of luck  

Derby Sang Caputo, MD

Liposuction for mini tummy tuck revision

If the areas where you have localized excess fat do not respond to diet and exercise, then lipo could be done for enhancement of your mini tummy tuck results. Generally a mini tummy tuck would not include liposuction over the ribs but may do the waistline.

Richard Baxter, MD

Mini tuck and post op result

Hi,

In my practice, you would get liposuction in the areas that you do not like the remaining fatty tissue.  If you are only unhappy in the areas that you describe, then you need to discuss these concerns with your doctor.  You are not a difficult case and small modifications will go a long way to making you happier with the entire procedure.

I am not sure your doctor seems to understand your concerns.  Putting you off is an answer but not a solution.  You need your options and if your doctor says that liposuction is not part of the solution, then see another doctor that understands your issues.  

Revision tummy tuck

Thank you for your question.  The term mini-tuck can be vague.  A mini tuck can be as simple as a pinch of suprapubic skin removal with liposuction, or as involved as  of the lower abdominal musculature along with abdominal and waistline liposuction including a significant amount of lower abdominal skin resection.  Your concerns seem to focus on lipodystrophy of the upper abdomen and waistline.  I would review your goals and expectations with your surgeon and discuss the options that will help you reach your goals.  It appears that upper abdominal liposuction, waistline liposuction and lateral scar lowering will help your outcome. good luck

John Renucci, MD, FACS
Grand Rapids Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction will help get rid of the excess fat over your ribs. Liposuction over your waistline will help give you a more hour glass figure but also will free up some skin (create skin laxity) in order to lower the lateral aspect of your scar. 

Assuming you are a long-term stable weight already, liposuction surgery may be helpful when it comes to improving contour concerns. Best wishes.