Do I have pre jowl suclus? (photos)

Hi I'm worried I have pre jowls as I had jaw lipo a few months ago,I only wanted my chin fat gone but the surgeon did my jawline too now I'm worried after things I've road-test I have jowls now.My surgeon said I do not have jowls and have a nice jawline,now worried I'll need facelift :-(

Pre jowl sulcus after neck lipo?

Hi unhappy.

You look very youthful, and your pics aren't standard, so it is hard for me to fully judge.  Despite that, I won't/can't comment on the lipo.

Your unconventional poses along with lighting shows a hint of a nasolabial and labiomental fold.  I don't see this as being related to the lipo. 

My suggestion is to wait a few more months to be sure that all swelling is gone.  If these areas bother you, I recommend that you consider fillers or perhaps a fat transfer.

A full face lift isn't indicated for this and would be too much.  A cheek lift would be more appropriate but from what I see, it would be overkill and not a great chance of success.

Hope this helps.

Sek

Don't worry!--Add Hyperbaric Oxygen and Venus Legacy to after care

You still have some swelling which will take 3-6 months to resolve. To speed up healing, you can try hyperbaric oxygen and venus legacy radiofrequency treatments. Best, Dr. Emer.

Jowls after jaw liposuction?

Thank you for asking about your pre-jowl sulcus.

• I am sorry you are concerned.
  • It is hard to be sure because you are still swollen from surgery and will be for several more months.
  • You may have indentations along the jaw, suggested in some of the photos.
  • I suggest you wait six months before doing anything.
  • You may need some filler to smooth a contour irregularity.
  • I do not in these photos see the need for a face lift.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS