Opening and puss in the incision after 3 weeks post-op Breast Lift, is this normal? (photos)

I had a full breast lift + tt on 17 october i have noticed openings in my brest lift incision which are making me really worried some puss is comming out of the openings + i can see a stich inside the opening my dr advised me to change the dressing on the incision and everything will turn out ok ? Pls i would like a second opinion and i would really like to know what to do to speed the healing process and what exactly is happening why these openings ?

Opening and puss in the incision after 3 weeks post-op Breast Lift, is this normal?

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. My love, this can happen and it is completely normal after a breast lift procedure, don't move your arms too much, try to not do big efforts, besides that you can apply antibiotic creams to help the incision to get closed.

Opening Incision with Puss

Hello and thank you for your question. I'm sorry to tell you, but this can be a sign of infection and your surgeon would provide the best determination and any necessary prescriptions to heal the problem. It would be beset to visit your plastic surgeon soon to help ensure the problem does not get worse. Good luck.

Worried about breast incisions 3 weeks after lift and tummy tuck

Thank you for asking about your breast lift.

• The most likely problem is that the suture you can see is irritating the incision -
  • If so, go to your surgeon to have the suture removed. You are likely to heal much faster after that.
  • Do you have implants? I can't tell from the photos - 
  • If you do please don't delay because infection around a breast lift will usually heal fine but if it settles around the implant it can cause further problems.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Opening and puss in the incision after 3 weeks post-op breast lift

Thank you for your question and photo's.  This is not unusual and what many women think is puss, is typically fat necrosis, which looks yellow to green tinge.  The location where you have the small opening is due to the high tension at that intersection, which too is not unusual.  It will heal as your Dr. advised, keep up with your post op visits and dressing changes as directed. 

Chad Robbins, MD