I'm looking to get the wedge method who did you go with please finding it hard to get any info?

Wedge labiaplasty

A labiaplasty with a clitoral hood reduction can reduce your size.  However, it must be performed by a surgeon with experience. One of the two most common labiaplasty techniques is the central wedge technique, which I invented in 1995 and published in the plastic surgery textbooks. It is also known as the "V" or wedge technique. Gynecologists and most plastic surgeons perform a labioplasty very differently. They essentially trim the labia minora (inner vaginal lips) and leave a long suture line instead of the normal labial edge. Their technique is the same whether a scalpel or a laser is used. In contrast, the central wedge removes triangles of tissue and bring the normal edges together. Thus, the normal labial edges, normal color, and normal anatomy are preserved, but the darkest labial tissue is usually removed. If you have extra tissue on your clitoral hood, it can be reduced at the same time. Your clitoral hood is thick, wide, and protuberant.  It can be decreased somewhat by reducing the sides.  I pioneered a clitoropexy with clitoral hood reduction in which the clitoris is pushed closer to the pubic bone and the width, thickness, length, and protuberance of the clitoral hood can be decreased.  No matter the technique, an inexperienced or unskilled surgeon can lead to a high rate of complications, chronic scar discomfort, labial deformities, and further surgery.  You need to find a plastic surgeon who will show you many of his results.  Gary J. Alter, M.D.
Beverly Hills, CA - Manhattan, NY

Wedge labiaplasty

Attached below is a video and weblink describing V-Wedge and comparing to linear. While you're on the site, look at the dropdoiwn Cosmetic procedures, as well as the Blog. LOTSA STUFF !!
Michael P Goodman MDDavis, CA USA

Wedge method in U.K.

Thank you for your question. I am going to agree with Doctor Castillo that searching for board certified plastic surgeons based on your location will be your best bet. Once you find several that appeal to you, read up on their reviews, testimonies, before and after pictures, and board certifications. Visit the surgeons that you feel the best overall about - because in-person consultations will give you an even better understanding if you are comfortable with this surgeon operating on your body. Ask questions about their technique and certifications. Ask to see before and after photos. Ask questions about abnormalities you see in the before and after photos. Gather an understanding of what is "normal" and what is "a problem" during the healing process post operation.  Ask him/her to explain which technique he prefers to use and ask if he is comfortable with the wedge method. These questions allow you to interpret the depth of the surgeons knowledge, and compare the information to the other surgeons you will seek out. You want to find the surgeon that makes you feel most at ease and comfortable with the operation through their knowledge, demeanor, and manners. Some surgeons definitely have superior customer care over others. 

Traci Temmen, MD 

Traci Temmen, MD

Looking for wedge technique

Please read below before you set your heart on the "wedge technique" labiaplasty. Labiaplasty, which most commonly involves surgical reduction of the labia minora (inner/thinner lips) but not infrequently trimming or tucking of the labia majora (outer/thicker lips), has become a relatively common procedure over the last ten and even more so last five years.  Most commonly it is done under light sedation (aka twighlight sleep) with local anesthesia, in which case the patient should feel no pain during the operation.  Whether the surgery is done using a laser, scalpel, or scissors does not really matter but what does matter is "symmetry".  Symmetry is the most important aspect to the final aesthetic result.  Most women, just like yourself, prefer to have as much of the darker pigmented edges removed as possible.  Also, it's not how much tissue is removed but how much is left remaining because a certain amount is necessary to maintain proper form and function - typically ~10 mm or so of the dry part of the labia.  To achieve these three most important elements, I have found that the "Trim Method" satisfies best.  It is extremely important to consult with a board certified plastic surgeon that specializes in this operation (does at least 1 - 2 per week).  It may cost you a bit more but it is this type of result you will want to live with for the rest of your life.  Typical (all inclusive) fee at my office/surgery center is $4500.
Although there is no guarantee, women frequently do seek clitoral hood reduction (Hoodectomy) to improve exposure of the clitoris and hence better stimulation during sexual activity. By removing some of the excess &/or redundant skin concealing the clitoris, it becomes more readily exposed to sexual stimulation and hence a heightened sexual experience/orgasm is possible.  Sometimes I recommend adding hoodectomy to labiaplasty to better harmonize the aesthetic outcome.  Again, the key is seek consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon or gynecologist who performs this procedure regularly (>2-3 x/month) so that just the right amount of tissue is removed and just the right amount remains such that the clitoris is not constantly exposed and rubbing on clothing, etc... Typical fee for a hoodectomy is ~$3000 but reduced to about half that price if done along with a labiaplasty.
Now for recovery, because the labia tissue is so robust with blood supply it has an amazing ability to heal relatively quickly.  Most patients are sore for 4-5 days before things start to get a lot better from there.  Some patients can resume work before this time depending upon their occupation.  No exercise for two weeks, no baths/jacuzzi or swimming for 3 weeks, and no sexual activity for typically 4 weeks.  My patients are given an oral pain medication such as Vicodin or Percocet but icing the area for the first 48 hours and applying some custom  made take-home topical local anesthetic cream seems to work the best.  Glad to help.

Ryan Stanton, MD

Wedge technique

Most women with long labia are candidates for a wedge technique labiaplasty. There are several types of wedge techniques. Most women want the most aesthetically beautiful genital area they can have, thus I created my technique of doing labiaplasty called the True Labiaplasty. I recently presented my technique at the American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery. Athough there are many type of labiaplasty procedures, I personally prefer my method of doing labiaplasty procedures using a modified posterior wedge technique because it gives you a more aesthetic appearance of the labia. It can give you very good symmetry of the labia, it maintains a better edge and looks the best aesthetically, and postoperatively patients experience less pain in my experience. In addition, many patients have more satisfying sex since the sensitive thin delicate labial edges are left intact. You can learn more on the link below.  Details are on my website on the link below. Your concerns are exactly the reason why I developed my technique. Good luck.

Robert L. True, MD
Grapevine OB/GYN

Thank you for your question.  Though i can not recommend a specific surgeon in the UK for labiaplasty, I am attaching a link to the american society of plastic surgeons website that will allow you to search for board-certified plastic surgeons in your area.  It will give you a list of physicians based on their distance from your location that you can use to begin your search.  If you do not find one near you, traveling may be your best option. Hope that this helps. 

Wedge labiaplasty

the wedge labiaplasty is performed by board certified plastic surgeons under local or general anesthesia. A wedge resection of the excess labia  removes the redundant labia minors tissue and maintain color match of the remaining labia minors and minimize scarring.

Laura A. Sudarsky, MD
Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon