Do I need a lift? (Photo)

I have been advised by one surgeon 300cc and another 400cc. But both surgeons say under the muscle and that I do not need a lift . What is your opinion? I don't want a double bubble. do you think a bigger , high profile implant will work ? Thanks in advance

Breast augmentation and lift candidate, some advices:

Thank you very much for enquire.
After having analyzed all the information and photos provided to us, I realize that you have very sagging and small breasts. In this regard, you need volume (implants) and projection (the lift): Breast Augmentation w/Breast Lift.
I recommend you to use microtexturized highly cohesive silicon implant ("gummy bear" implants), with high projection, and 400-500ml will be excelent on you, to fill the breasts properly.
Finally, to perform the breast lift I recommend a Periareolar Round Block Breast Lift ("Benelli mastopexy"), which has an unnoticed scar around the areola, and if we see (in the surgery) that we can't obtain adecuate projection just with the Benelli Lift, we have to perform a "Lollipop breast lift".
Respectfully,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Breast Implants or Lift

Thank you for your question and for sharing appropriate pictures. You seem to be a good candidate for breast implants. Its difficult to give precise recommendations without an in person consultation or more photos. Generally speaking, high profile implants can give patients a bit of lift. I recommend undergoing Vectra 3D Imaging to get an idea of your post procedural results. Make sure you're working with a board certified plastic surgeon for best results. 

Kevin Tehrani, MD, FACS

Do I need a lift ?

I agree with the two surgeons that you consulted with and that it is quite reasonable to proceed without a lift.  I would not rule it out in the future though as it's a possibility, as there is some degree of sag that persists that bothers you.  This is unlikely though and you will probably be quite happy.  A double bubble is not a concern.  As to size, I think the best way to make a decision is by doing sizing and trying on different sizers with a bra and different tops.  Going larger is not a good decision in my opinion, to fix sag, since implants do not help sag much.  You certainly don't want to be any larger than your desired size.  As to the profile of the implants, we all know now that high profile implants don't help sag anymore than other shaped implants.  Therefore, choose high profile based on breast width and the volume or size of implant that you choose.  I hope you find this information helpful.  

Thomas Hubbard, MD, FACS
Virginia Beach Plastic Surgeon

Implants and No Lift

This is usually a mistake. Most breasts will look larger and droopier. They will sag more and sooner because of the excess weight.  The shape will usually not be satisfactory. There will sometimes be a “Snoopy” breast or double bubble. If the nipples are in a fairly high position on the breast or “glandular” ptosis or drooping, an implant may be useful.

It may be a good idea to visit additional board certified plastic surgeons for advice on having implants with a lift. Good luck!

High profile implant and dual plane release work together to lift breasts

Hi jaylea1.  Thanks for sharing pics.  Part of determining whether you need a lift or not depends upon whether your breast tissue sits below the inframammary fold (where the breast meets the abdomen, under the breast).  You would get a more centered appearance to your nipple areolar complex if you had a lift that went around the areola.  A high profile implant will effect some lifting also.  Your PS will likely release the breast tissue from the muscle fascia a short distance (i.e. dual plane release) to give you additional lifting-a good way to guard against getting a double bubble deformity.  Best wishes,

Vaishali B. Doolabh, MD, FACS
Jacksonville Plastic Surgeon

Do I need a lift?

I would need a good examination to answer this properly. From your pictures I would inclined to recommend at least a crescent lift with your implants.  High profile or moderate would work.  A dual plane procedure is a 100% must in your case.  This is a technique where the implant is partially under the muscle and partially over.  Expectations in your outcome will determine what procedure is best for you.  Having more pigment in your skin may also play a part in a less invasive procedure. 

Christian A. Prada, MD, FACS
Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon

Do I need a breast lift?

Thank you for your question and photos. Seeing side view photos would also be helpful. Upon examination, experienced plastic surgeons can tell you definitively whether you will be okay without breast lifting. This examination focuses on the position of the nipple/areolas in relation to the inframammary folds (breast ptosis) and the degree of loose skin (and skin elasticity issues)  along the lower poles of the breasts. Generally speaking, patients who present with these anatomic findings, do not do well with breast augmentation surgery only. 

Breast augmentation surgery, on the other hand, is reserved for patients who simply want to increase breast size.  Occasionally, patients present with breasts in a “borderline” position where careful positioning of breast implants can create the “illusion” of a minor breast lift. 

In regards to breast size and profile, it will be very important to communicate your size goals with your surgeon.  In my practice I find the use of goal pictures to be very helpful.

Again, careful selection of your plastic surgeon, careful physical examination, and careful communication goals will be some of the keys to success associated with these operations. Best wishes.

To lift or not to lift?

Thank you for your question.  A limited breast lift would optimize nipple position and perkiness but is not required if you prefer a more natural look.

Zachary Farris, MD, FACS