Ten days post Tummy Tuck, I think my scar is too high. Will it continue to fall (photo)?

Hi I was wondering how much a scar line can fall if it dose once everything is all settled? I'm 10days post op and my scar is very high, even for my knickers to hide it, it will need to fall a lot? I'm really worried about this?? Thanks hope these pics can help.

Scar too high?

There is likely some degree of swelling currently but it is unlikely for your scar to move lower from where it is. I would recommend discussion and evaluation with your plastic surgeon.  Be patient and allow the swelling to subside and then have your plastic surgeon advise you. Good luck

Charlotte Plastic Surgeon

Anchoring sutures

Thank you for your post. It is not common for surgeons to anchor the lower incision to the fascia or covering of the abdominal muscles to keep the scar low, however, I do use this technique and agree with it. All the tension on the incision is from above, not below, and thus the scar tends to move toward the area of maximal tension (towards the ribs/bellybutton). This moves the scar higher than desired. I like to keep my scars very low, and feel that anchoring the scar helps accomplish this. The following photo is an example of this.

Pablo Prichard, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

You are early in the postoperative period. Your body is significantly swollen and bruised. I tell my patients to expect their result from 3 months onward.
There is no harm in sharing your concerns with your surgeon. Meanwhile, I recommend you adhere to your follow ups and continue wearing your garment as instructed. Good luck.

Maan Kattash, MD, FRCS, FACS

Tummy Tuck Scar

Congratulations on the improvement in your contour. Unfortunately tummy tuck scars do not lower with time.  The location of the scar does not change once the swelling resolves. Discuss this matter further with your surgeon.

Tummy tuck scar too high?

I do not think your scar will get lower. Hopefully once all the swelling resolves your clothes will fit better and be able to cover over the scar. Check in and discuss with your surgeon. There is really nothing that can be done about it, at kleast for now.