Is this a reasonable result or should I seek a revision? (Photos)

9 months ago I had a rhinoplasty, I had a bump removed and the tip made smaller and less boxy. The surgeon also thought he would be correcting a deviated septum but after the surgery he said that rather then a deviated septum it is my bone structure that is wonky. I am happy with the result as my nose was awful before but the tip is still uneven and big. I was wondering if i could have a discounted revision or not because it was a difficult nose. Iv also attached a picture of my nose before.

Revision Rhinoplasty Is Necessary If You're Unhappy With Results

There is a definite improvement in your nose's shape. However, the nostrils appear to be asymmetrical. Generally, full results of rhinoplasty are not visible for a year after surgery, so give it a few more months. As to whether you need a revision, that's up to you. If you are still unhappy with your nose in three months, can look into your options for a revision rhinoplasty.  I would consult with a few doctors that specialize in revision rhinoplasty surgery.. You can discuss costs at that time. I hope this helps.

Revision: yes. Discounted surgery with the same surgeon: probably not.

See the "Web reference" link, just below my response. I made a computer morph of your nose, and an animation of the morph, to show the changes that are possible for your nose in truly expert hands.

Mostly, I elevated the tip of your nose, narrowed the tip, and lowered the remaining bump on the bridge. 

You should understand that the changes I demonstrated in the morph require advanced techniques, techniques that most plastic surgeons cannot handle.  Be sure to read the section in the "Web reference" link on how to determine whether your primary surgeon should perform your revision. They are not similar operations at all.

Your nose is also a good example of why computer imaging is mandatory in rhinoplasty. You need to know exactly what the surgeon is planning to accomplish -- what features he thinks he can change, and by how much he thinks he can change them. When you see his goals, you'll know whether he has an eye for a beautiful nose, and whether he shares your opinion of what constitutes a beautiful nose. You'll also know whether the changes he proposes are enough to be meaningful to you, and whether he understands your wishes enough to address all of your priorities. Then, he must show you before and after photos to prove that he can actually accomplish what he draws on the computer.

Steven M. Denenberg, MD
Omaha Facial Plastic Surgeon