Infection after breast augmentation. Should I be worried? (Photo)

I'm almost 4 weeks post op. Where the end stitch was (it fell out 3 days ago) it has now become sore and is weeping yellow pus. Should I be worried? What's the best treatment to heal it up? Can I use antiseptic cream?

Buried sutures can create minor one problems after breast augmentation and are not infections.

It looks as though you may be necessitating a small subcutaneous suture. This is managed by wound toilet. Your surgeon instruct you on the specifics.

Stitch abscess

Hi. This looks like a superficial stitch abscess that will probably heal just fine, but I would still advise you to rather  contact your primary surgeon for opinion and any management deemed appropriate.

Paul Jason Skoll, MBChB, FRCS, FCS (SA) Plast
South Africa Plastic Surgeon

Worried.

Thank you for your question and providing a photo. Based on the photo provided I believe this will heal fine and not cause any problems. This appears to be a stitch abscess which does not require any more than locl wound care. I would recommend you keep it clean and apply antibiotic ointment. Best of luck

Suture abscess

Thanks for the question and photo.  It looks like you had a small area of opening where the suture knot was located.  This should heal uneventfully, but if there is any question, I recommend that you visit your surgeon. Best Regards.