Will implants improve my shape? (photos)

I'm having silicone implants under the muscle (365cc-400cc undecided yet) In 4 weeks time. I'm unsure whether he implants will improve my shape at all. My surgeon and I have discussed a Benelli lift after my implants have dropped and healed fully. He also said I have tuberous breasts in a mild form. The lift was offered to me but I want to see how much just having implants helps because I'm worried about obvious scarring. Any input would be great. Thank you.

Breast Implants and Lift

Based on the photos there is some mild asymmetry but they do not appear tuberous.  A breast augmentation by itself may get you to where you want to be with minimal scars.
i hope this doesn't confuse the issue.
Best of luck.

Athens Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation

I would suggest 3D photographic imaging to help choose the perfect size.  A round implant will certainly help your shape.

John Burns, MD

Breast lift with implants

Based solely on your photos it appears that you would be a good candidate for a benelli lift. If you do not wish to do the lift at the same time as the augmentation, I suggest you wait until at least 6 months post augmentation to have the lift done. This will allow time for you to see your final results as well as provide adequate time for your body to heal.
I hope this helps, 

Mennen T. Gallas, MD
Katy Plastic Surgeon

Will implants improve my shape?

The answer to your question is yes. I do think the Benelli lift would help as well from what I can see on your photo's.  You do have the option of just having the implants, living with them for a year or two and if you don't like the way they look , go back and have the lift. 

Chad Robbins, MD

Volume versus shape

Often implants can help improve the VOLUME of a breast and they do also affect the shape of the breast, soon after surgery and even down the road. Often a mastopexy is used to change the SHAPE of a breast. Sometimes these procedures can be done at the same time and sometimes they are staged, meaning they are done at two different times. Scars are unfortunately something that come with any procedure, but the important thing is having an honest discussion with a board certified plastic surgeon to answer specific concerns about scars. Good luck! MMT

Improved Shape

Your implants that your surgeon and yourself have agreed to use should help improve your shape. Your surgeon may also during surgery release some of the tuberous breast tissue, if needed, to help improve your overall breast shape. 

In your case, I would wait on the lift like you have said. After you have healed (about three months) is when I would consider doing a lift if you do not like the position of your nipples on your breasts.

I wish you the best of luck! 

J. Dayne Petersen, MD
Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon

Implants/Lift

Thank you for your question and photos. It appears that you are taking the right approach. You have some mild constriction in your lower poles which should improve with smooth, round gel implants and some surgical release of constriction. After 6 months if you still feel that the lift is warranted, you could do it then.

All the best

Breast augmentation

I would suggest have the breast augmentation and then waiting to see if you want/need a breast lift.  You have some asymmetry but I would not classify your breasts as tuberous.  I would also caution against a Benelli lift .. the scars can be quite wide and if that happens, difficult or impossible to correct.

Good luck,
Dr. Luong

Jacqueline Anne Luong, MD, FACS
Edina Plastic Surgeon