Will I be able to just have an implant without a breast lift? (photos)

I'm planning to have breast enlargment, I want a good size and fuller breast, but don't want to have to have an up lift! Will they be ok?

Breast implants alone

I believe from the photos you posted that it would be possible for you to get a nice result with a breast augmentation alone. Although breast implants do no lifting they can often give the illusion of a lift. After 9 months, when your implants have mostly settled, you could always get a lift at that time if needed. To see before and after photos of women similar to you who had augmentation alone, click on the link below. For more information on this and similar topics, I recommend a plastic surgery Q&A book like "The Scoop On Breasts: A Plastic Surgeon Busts the Myths."

Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Yes you can

If your ok with the minimal sagging of your breast then the best thing to do is breast augmentation.  Please view the before/after photos of the surgeon you want to see and make sure they show you photos of similar breasts to yours where only implants were used; make sure they show you three views from each patient (front, quarter turn and profile views) and they show you a lot of photos in order for you to decide if you like their work.

Andre Aboolian, MD

Will I be able to just have an implant without a breast lift?

Thank you for your question and photos, with your photos they show that you have implants without lifting depanding on the size of implants that you would prefer to have. However do visit a plastic surgeon for one on one consultation and evaluation.

Breast Augmentation

Thank you for your question and for posting appropriate pictures. You seem to be a good candidate for breast augmentation. Based on the photos provided, you do not require a breast lift. I recommend undergoing Vectra 3D Imaging to get an idea of your post-operative results. You will need to have a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon for precise recommendations. Breast of luck! 

Kevin Tehrani, MD, FACS

It is always difficult to answer clinical questions accurately from photographs alone but from what I can see, it is possible to enlarge your breasts with implants without the need for an uplift. To achieve a good shape and size there will need to be a careful consideration of the volume of implant used and the type (round or teardrop). Accurate placement either under the muscle or under the breast tissue itself is also important. Your surgeon should be able to decide and explain all these issues with you.

Breast Implant / Breast Fat Fill

Hi you can benefit from just implants. There are also some newer alternatives such as Breast Fat Fill, which should hardly cost you between 1250 - 1600 GBP

Breast Lift vs Implants

What has happened to your breasts is very natural. Due to weight loss or pregnancy many women's breasts will deflate over time. The solution is either to fill up the excess skin that you do have with an implant, tighten the skin with a lift, or some combination of the two. An augmentation with an implant will result in less scarring but your breasts will still be lower on your chest. The lift is appealing to some women because it is more natural and does not require an implant, but there is much more scarring involved. A board-certified plastic surgeon with experience in cosmetic breast enhancement should be able to help you determine what will give you the results you're looking for.

Breasts augmentation with mini lift

Dear Tazishot,
Thanks for submitting your pictures.
From observing your pictures, you appear to be small A cup size with level 2 ptosis, large areolas and wide cleavage.
  I have been in practice for 29 years and performed breasts augmentation with implants on well over 2000 patients. Based on that experience I can tell you that you need at a minimum , a mini lift (donut, Benelli) in addition to your augmentation with implants.
 Without a mini lift you run the risk of worsening your ptosis, or if your surgeon will try to lower your crease significantly , in order to give the impression of perkiness, at best, it will will position your breasts low on your chest which is not attractive and at worst, it will give you double bubble (as you can see on many questions on 'Realself') .
  Additionally, without the mini lift, your areolas will get stretched by the implants and become unattractively large.
 I do not know what you mean by "good size" , but full C cup size or small D cup size are very attractive and natural. You did not provide your chest circumference measurement in inches, which is critical for the correct selection of implants size. Let's assume that you are currently 34 small A cup size, to become 34 full C cup size you will need implants with volume of 400 cc. For 34 small D cup size - 450 cc.
  Since the scars are along the border of the areolas, they will fade within 3-4 months and look like a natural line.
  You have to realize, though,  that not all results are the same, because experience , skills and aesthetic eye are critical for good and safe outcome. So, do your due diligence carefully and choose wisely.
  Always, consult with experienced board certified plastic surgeons who do lots of breasts augmentation with mini lift in accredited surgery center for your safety. Most importantly, check the before and after pictures in the photo gallery, to make sure that they are numerous, consistent and attractive with nice cleavage, perky, symmetrical and natural looking. Also, check the reviews on 'Realself' for rating and positive experience reports.
                                   Dr Widder

Lift or not?

You appear to have pseudoptosis of the breasts which means that your nipple location is ok but that most of your breast tissue lies below the breast fold.  You may not need a lift if the appropriate technique is used ( the dual plane). 

Good luck

A Breast Lift Could Enhance Your Augmentation

The intention of a Breast Lift (#Mastopexy) is to improve the shape and position of the breast without reducing their size. It is used especially for breasts which sag or droop (#ptosis) as a result of aging, weight loss, pregnancy, or breastfeeding. However, many women report more satisfaction if an implant is used at the time of #mastopexy. The implants further shape their breasts, restoring superior fullness or volume which may be decreased over time.
In regards to implants alone, this is usually said to be mistake by patients reflecting back at the decision. Most breasts will look larger and more droopy with solely implants. They will sag more and sooner, due to the sudden and excess weight. At times it's possible for a “Snoopy” breast or double bubble to develop as a result.
Your procedure should be performed by a #PlasticSurgeon who is board-certified and has a great deal of experience specializing in cosmetic #surgery. You will then greatly improve your chances of getting the result you desire, and, without the need for a revision surgery. I suggest you view before and after photos of the surgeons actual patients, and read patient reviews. Gathering all of this information will help you make a well-informed decision.