I wondered if I would be able to sort the side of my nose of without affecting the front view of the nose (Photo)

I've wanted a smaller nose since my early teens and recently it's been getting me down. I'm thinking of booking a consultation soon. I want my bump removing and the tip smaller but I would want the front view of my nose to stay the same would this be achievable?

I wondered if I would be able to sort the side of my nose of without affecting the front view of the nose

The shape of the nose is as important as the size of it. In different cultures and populations the nose has some special characteristics; therefore it is really important to know these facts and assess the patient based on these facts. Female and male face structures and lines are completely different from each other. This is one of the other facts that should be kept in mind both during the consultation and the surgery itself. Since the nose is the most prominent organ of the face; patients can have different desires and requests from the rhinoplasty operation. To understand the patient’s needs and desires is the most important step of the rhinoplasty operation.

It is a common request to improve the profile of the nose while maintaining the same frontal view.  Please consult with a board certified specialist who can help you achieve the results you seek.  3-dimensional computer imaging can also help you visualize what you may look like afterwards and serve as an important communication tool with your surgeon.

Kimberly Lee, MD

Rhinoplasty Aesthetic Goals Realistic? Yes

Thanks for your post. Yes, it is possible to achieve improvements in your profile with rhinoplasty while essentially preserving the frontal facial features that you wish to keep the same. The key is to consult with an experienced and reputable Facial Plastic Rhinoplasty Specialist who regularly performs refinement rhinoplasty with natural appearing results. Discuss your goals and concerns candidly. Choose the physician with whom you feel confident and comfortable with based on your personal experience, reviews, photos and credentials. Overall, I believe you are an excellent rhinoplasty candidate. Best Wishes. 

Fred J. Bressler, MD, FACS
Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon