I have always wanted surgery to correct my nose? Am I likely to see improvements from surgery? (Photos)

I have always wanted surgery to correct my nose, make it straighter and also narrow the bottom to make it less wide. Do you think that it is possible to get the results I want from surgery? Or is it a bad idea?... It really effects my self confidence.

Rhinoplasty Goals

A rhinoplasty specialist will be able to comprehensively address the issues you have with your nose, both cosmetic and functional. While there are a variety of approaches and techniques employed by various surgeons, it is up to you to do your due diligence to find a rhinoplasty specialist in order to achieve the best results possible. Using autologous grafts (tissue and cartilage from your own body) will provide the safest and most permanent results.

Looking at computer-morphed images with your surgeon during consultation will give you a good idea of what is possible, and also give you a great chance to convey to your surgeon what you envision.

Need better photos...

Could you please provide us with better photos, with the entire nose showing so we can give you better recommendations.  

Andre Aboolian, MD

Rhinoplasty Candidate

Thank you for your question about rhinoplasty and for including pictures.

Based soley on the photos you have shown, yes, you appear to be a candidate for rhinoplasty.

To be sure, see two or more experienced, board-certified Plastic Surgeons in your area for a complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have surgery.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS