How am I healing after FUE hair transplant? (Photo)

Would love some advice how I'm healing after hair transplant. I'm 3 weeks post opp and had 3500 grafts total, front hair line and crown increased. Any advice or input would be great. I had a lot of crusting after hair transplant which came out like day 10 picture included. Thanks.

At 3 weeks how do I look?

Now you look fine. An FUE is treated just like a regular hair transplant with regard to the recipient area, but the donor area has open wounds which require daily washing with soap and water. Within 3 days of surgery, you can resume full activities, heavy exercises if you wish. The recipient area requires daily washes as well to keep the recipient area free of crusts. I generally recommend the use of a sponge and supply my patient with a surgical sponge to fill with soapy water and press on the recipient area daily. By repeating this daily, all crusts can be washed off without any fear of losing grafts. IF any crust are present, use a Q tip and dip it into soapy water, and roll it on the crusts and that will lift them off without dislodging them, but never rub them, just roll the Q tip on the recipient crust. I like to see no evidence of any crusting in the recipient area and the crusts from the donor area gone in 7-10 days with daily washing.

Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

NeoGraft FUE Transplant

Thank you for your question, fb1990. Your scabs indicate that your healing process could be going more smoothly, however, the grafted hairs look like they have taken grasp and will shed soon to begin the regrowth process. Please schedule a follow-up appointment with your surgeon to evaluate your progress. 

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

The photos look like you had a hair transplant surgery. There are lot of scabs. Please follow up with your doctor for a rechec

The photos look like you had a hair transplant surgery. There are lot of scabs. Please follow up with your doctor for a recheck if you are concerned.

Jae Pak, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Post op FUE Aspect

It seems pretty normal post operative evolution. Keep in touch with your surgeon as the after procedure care varies from doctor to doctor, but by these photos it seems that's nothing to worry about. 

Marcio Crisostomo, MD
Brazil Hair Restoration Surgeon