Hard lumpy areas after labia majora plasty normal? (Photos)

I had labia majora plasty 2 weeks ago plus clitoral hood reduction.The area along the line of incisions are hard and on one side it's very hard,painful and lumpy.Is this normal.The incision was done inner area.(excuse the specs of blood that was still there)

I am a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon that specializes in Labiaplasty.  This is my wheelhouse and is a very niche procedure that I perform daily. The hardness can just be swelling at the suture site.  Be sure to check with your surgeon to make sure it isn't a stitch left behind. 

Post-Op Healing from Labiaplasty

Swelling after #Labiaplasty is usually present for several weeks.  It’s possible that swelling can persist for two or three months. Firmness of tissue can remain for 4-6 months. Postoperative care will usually consist of sitz baths or soaking the area in warm soapy water starting approximately 2 days after a surgery.  The sutures will dissolve over the course of several weeks.  This will in part depend upon the #Labiaplasty technique used, the amount of bruising and they way in which your body heals. Ice can help reduce swelling. Arnica and Bromelain may help.  Direct massage may be useful as well. If you find yourself concerned about healing it is good to visit your surgeon to have the area evaluated. Best of luck to you!

Hard lumpy areas after labia majora plasty normal?

Based on the photographs you provided, and happy report that it appears you are healing normally and should have excellent results.  these areas that  feel harder incisions will soften and disappear with time. I usually recommend patients wait three months to get the full effects of the procedure

"Lumpiness" in incision line labia majoraplasty + hood

All looks very normal for your recovery. You had good work. YES, it is normal to have hard, lumpy areas that very SLOWLY resolve over 3 months! (Yes, it takes that long!) Be of good faith-- looks good. Little by little the lumpiness will resolve.
Michael P Goodman, MD
Davis, CA, USA

Postop lumps

Thank you for your question. Lumpiness under incisions are Typically due to suture used to close the fine incisions. These will dissolve within 4-6 weeks depending on the suture material used. From your pictures you appear to be healing very well and should have an excellent outcome. I recommend speaking with your surgeon of any healing concerns.

Peter Castillo, MD, FACOG
Bay Area Urogynecologist

Thank you for sharing your question and photographs and congratulations on having undergone your labia majora reduction. If after two weeks you are feeling painful lumps this is likely the result of suture material used by your surgeon to repair your incision site and which should improve spontaneously as your healing progresses.  You may want to discuss scar massage therapy with your surgeon to aid in the dissolution of the stitches.  If your overall recovery has recently changed, however, be sure to voice your concerns to your surgeon so that they can ensure your healing is appropriate.